SharkWithALaserBeam

Truly Feared Pyro
My computer started acting up today and i lag like crap whenever i start any game as well as other programs like mozilla,etc..
I check my cpu usage and it goes bonkers and idk what causes it. I restarted multiple instances to see if this was just a glitch in my system. It doesnt. I even tried killing the program from task manager and retrying but no look. Im seeking any help i can get thank you.

If i remember correctly it started after i killed a Game booster program i had that i used for years.

2rfdnhs.png

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I find that addressing the simple things first is the best way to handle this issue. So lets start quite simple - are you downloading anything, or have anything paused for download?

Also check the updates, sometimes updates fail and get stuck, and that can cause it to become a resource glut. If neither of those two things have fixed it, post here. If nobody has helped you by the time I get around to this post again I will advise some other things.

Generally the people who have had problems similar to yours the above is the solution, though.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Use Process Explorer from Sysinternals suite to narrow it down to sub-process which is consuming the CPU. Don't forget to click on "Show Processes From All Users" button:

zLjiefB.png

SharkWithALaserBeam

Truly Feared Pyro
thanks for the assistance but i finally got around to some investigation. Turns out i had malware in my system that caused my internet to lock out sometimes due to it connecting to random foreign proxys. Thank god it wasnt a keylogger. Anywho i kept running scans to remove the threats but daily it would come back so i assumed the high processes was the priority used to transfer packets of data to my infected machine.

I allocated 20gb to a new drive partition, moved my important stuff and reinstalled windows and copies back the data from my backup drive. It's fine my machine was running slow anyway time for a new start.
So far so good in terms of no problems, time to reinstall everything but thank you guys for the effort.

Ill change the thread to resolve now. :)