Bottiger

Administrator
Even if the plugin was made after looking at your server, I highly doubt you made yours before Valve put contracts into TF2. So you can't really claim this as something you've invented.

We are not interested in any conflict either, but there has already been issues with your members saying things about us that are untrue (buster wasn't the first). We are just taking steps to adapt to the meet-your-match update killing vanilla servers. I hope you don't harbor any ill-will towards us for this even though we are probably all fighting over the same shrinking pool of community players left.

Just a piece of advice though, opening so many new servers, especially mostly empty ones, during a time when the player-base is shrinking is viewed as very aggressive (likely greedy) action to soak up the maximum number of donators and ad views at the expense of server quality and player experience, and we are not the only ones who feel that way.

This kind of behavior was only seen from communities with negative reputations like Saigns and Lotus, and this was even when the player-base was growing. For your information, you have more servers up than Lotus ever had when TF2 was at it's peak.

Last edited:

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I want to just apologize an behalf of blackwonder for the behaviour that was displayed yesterday. It was a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding going around. Firstly the idea for the now public sourcemod plugin: Contracts, originally came from our servers htt ps://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=288138&highlight=contracts. It is inevideble that people will eventually copy your ideas and that is quite frankly how it works in server hosting.
I'm not interested in starting a community fight. I respect your work and your presence in the hosting industry.
bring it on i'll fight all of yuhs

Spammin'Eagles

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I really like the idea, but there isn't enough stuff to do. I mean exept one I get done all, and then just play 20 minutes on the server...

You could add stuff like heal 100 000 HP, or get 50 kills, dominate three players at the same time, achive 2.0+ K/D and so on.

I can understand if you haven't got time to add more challange yet, just mentioned.

scrb

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I got the contracts working, but there is still 1 issue with it. In the old AP system, the Skial no events group was good enough, but the new contracts doesn't support the Skial no events group. Would be nice if that could be added back.

҉ SP∑∑DY ҉

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
I have been using these contracts everyday but now when I use the command, I just see a gray screen, but the page where the contracts should be wont show up. Similarly the rules page has also become a gray screen. Anyone know a fix? (This just happened today.)

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I have been using these contracts everyday but now when I use the command, I just see a gray screen, but the page where the contracts should be wont show up. Similarly the rules page has also become a gray screen. Anyone know a fix? (This just happened today.)
open up Advanced Settings and make sure HTML MOTD isn't disabled

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Happened to me to a few days ago. I thought it was just me since it was working for everyone else.
Rejoining with 'retry' in console didn't do anything so i had to close the game and rejoin again to fix it.
HTML MOTD has never been disabled so i don't what it could be. Looking at global chat i can see a couple of people having the same issue.

҉ SP∑∑DY ҉

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Thanks for the help. However, my Html mods were enabled. I even turned it off and turned it on again; didnt work. It turns out that I had to not only restart tf2, but I also had to restart steam. Well, at least that is what worked for me. I'm still not sure what was the problem. Glad I was still able to complete my daily contracts on time.