Django AX

Scarcely Lethal Noob
So I tried joining a death run server and the in-game system gave me a warning saying I am behind a VPN and would be banned if it wasn't turned off, but the problem is: I'm not using one, because I don't even have one.

Has anyone else run into this sort of issue, and if so: What were you able to do about it? I can't figure out what's setting that flag other than my router, and it doesn't use a VPN service as far as I know.

Bottiger

Administrator
Your ISP was listed as a VPN because someone kept changing ips on it to avoid bans and crash our servers.

Django AX

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Your ISP was listed as a VPN because someone kept changing ips on it to avoid bans and crash our servers.
So what can I do from here? I only recently got back into TF2 after a... I dunno, 4-5 year break, so I dunno if that means someone has been using my IP to do this, or there is something wrong with my ISP that it will continue to do this.

And if it's the latter, does that mean I'll basically be cut out for good over something I can't control? I'm genuinely confused over this, as the only VPN I use is on my phone for general use, and the only thing it has in common is that it shares the same wifi router as my computer.

Edit: I read the topic under the ban appeals section. I guess I'll follow that information, as it's the only thing that seems to be about what I'm going through. Unsure how I can go about getting a new ISP though, as Spectrum is the only thing that can be used in my area.

Last edited: