• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Tai Roker

Unremarkable User
I can't connect to Skial or any community servers in general. Been like this for more than a month and I don't see anyone talking about it. These Valve servers suck and so does whatever the TFTeam did that makes matches entirely one sided. Please help.

S_O_C_K_S

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Need more information. Like what error messages are you getting? Have you tried to join by IP or the community list?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Some people have said this fixed it for them: Go to library, right-click tf2, click properties, click set launch options and put in:
+clientport 27006-27014

Tai Roker

Unremarkable User
Need more information. Like what error messages are you getting? Have you tried to join by IP or the community list?

The only message I receive is a popup when connecting that says "Disconnected: Connection failed after 4 retries." Dev console just says the same thing, it tried connecting to the server four times. However! This was by trying to connect to the server using the favorites tab on the community server list. When I tried connecting directly it worked! Odd. Now that I connected though there seems to be a problem of low ping game stutter and connection lost. Found some possible solutions by searching but have to wait till later to see if it fixes it.

Some people have said this fixed it for them: Go to library, right-click tf2, click properties, click set launch options and put in:
+clientport 27006-27014

Doesn't seem to of had any effect.

Thank you for your assistance!

S_O_C_K_S

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Sounds like you have 2 computers running steam with different accounts on the same IP at the same time. Do you share your IP? If so Meowcenary's fix should work. Maybe change the port range a bit more. Here's a video I found with a quick search. Make sure Steam is fully updated. Stick with servers in your area if you don't have a great internet speed. You can check your speed here. Speedtest.net When all else fails....reinstall the game and/or Steam.

Let us know what you came up with.

Tai Roker

Unremarkable User
Pretty much the day after my last post I was unable to connect again but the Valve servers were decent for awhile and when they went bad I just played something else. However they're full of lag again so here I am, actually, I would like to just play on these servers in general since some are very close to me.

As usual, the server browser isn't working and neither is direct connect now. Never had so many issues connecting to community servers (not just Skial). Please help, need my fix of TF2 and the best way to obtain it is through Skial.

haytil

Mildly Menacing Medic
Is it always on the same computer?

Try downloading TF2 on a different computer and then use that computer to connect from your normal home connection. That should help narrow down whether the issue is computer-related or connection-related.