Dutch

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
So as of lately I have posted a few threads regarding computer questions (Check out my computer build thread) PC Build Thread . I have some more questions. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good headset that has no mic built into it. I know there is a thread somewhere on here but I'm sure it is outdated. I had also seen a thread for a mic that was somewhat old. I have been using a $1 mouse for around 3 years now and have no complaints but well, its a $1 mouse. So if anyone could leave a link or pictures of any of the 3 items that are great on budget and quality that would be great :)

• A good microphone, great on budget
  • A non wired mouse (Not a big deal if it is wired)
  • Headset without a built in mic

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
I'm very satisfied with these

Logitech M330 mouse
Blue Snowball iCE mic (with a cheap Dragonpad USA pop filter)

As far as headsets go you're on your own. I had a cheap Logitech one that was ok but it only lasted 3 years and constantly pulled out hairs.

If you don't care about a silent mouse there are probably cheaper wireless mice from someone reputable but I have never had a shitty product from Logitech.

You should also post what your budget looks like for each item.

Toxik

Contributor

Logitech M330 mouse

As far as headsets go you're on your own. I had a cheap Logitech one that was ok but it only lasted 3 years and constantly pulled out hairs.

If you don't care about a silent mouse there are probably cheaper wireless mice from someone reputable but I have never had a shitty product from Logitech.

You have a $60 mic setup and I've never heard your voice, wtf

Also Dutch, I've ordered this mic since I only use mine when talking with friends during games, I'll tell you if it's any good once I get some use out of it
I've used this mouse, CORSAIR M65 Pro RGB for about 3 years and I've never had a problem with it, great build quality and RGB lights that Daivd loves so much
Headset depends on your budget, if you're going to get a lot of use out of it, I'd recommend spending a bit more. I don't know enough about those to make a good recommendation, but I use Bose Quietcomfort 35 and they're pretty amazing, but expensive

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
if you want a really accurate no-frills mouse get a zowie, they are wired though

Dutch

Logitech M330 mouse

I'm going to go with your mic. I have been looking into those for a while now but I might as well get one. I'm going to be using it for gaming and stuff. I've been using apple earbuds for around a year now haha

Dutch

Also Dutch, I've ordered this mic since I only use mine when talking with friends during games, I'll tell you if it's any good once I get some use out of it
I've used this mouse, CORSAIR M65 Pro RGB for about 3 years and I've never had a problem with it, great build quality and RGB lights that Daivd loves so much
Headset depends on your budget, if you're going to get a lot of use out of it, I'd recommend spending a bit more. I don't know enough about those to make a good recommendation, but I use Bose Quietcomfort 35 and they're pretty amazing, but expensive
That mouse looks sick af. I'll probably end up getting that. Let me know in the future if you do have any problems with it. 3 years is a good amount of time but never know.

Dutch

The setup I've been using for a while is as follows:
Thanks for the recommendations but have you had any problems with that headset? Like I used to have a Turtle Beach headset (don't laugh) and the cups for around your ears were made of a fabric like material. In the images it looks like its the same way. Basically my point is that over time (like 2 years) they became kinda nasty because of like natural oils, sweat. I'm sure some tears are in there too from way I lost some CSGO comp games but you get the point. Have you had any problems? The fabric didn't smell or anything it's just you could put them on and just feel the sweat and oil and shit in them. I had to throw them away cause of that and the mic busted.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
It's less about the pads and more about the possibility that in a few years' time the speaker grille could get grody. The pads you can usually wash and replace, even if the replacement pads to be some shitty Chinese knockoffs from eBay that are stiffer and barely fit. The ones Sargent linked don't seem to have an exposed grille so there's nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

Dutch

It's less about the pads and more about the possibility that in a few years' time the speaker grille could get grody. The pads you can usually wash and replace, even if the replacement pads to be some shitty Chinese knockoffs from eBay that are stiffer and barely fit. The ones Sargent linked don't seem to have an exposed grille so there's nothing to worry about.
Ok. Maybe it was just mine then. I had no money to even replace them and honestly never thought about it.

Dutch

Regarding the mouse you have how much can you customize it? Like how many colors are there to change it to and can you make it change color as you use it?

Dutch

Have you had any issues with the mouse also? Like you said you havent but some of the reviews say its hard to customize the lights

Toxik

Contributor
Have you had any issues with the mouse also? Like you said you havent but some of the reviews say its hard to customize the lights
It used to be great until just a few days ago when I got my Corsair K55 keyboard and had to update the Corsair software.
Before, the lights would just cycle randomly, but after the update I had to make a custom color cycle using the gradient effect, not a huge deal but still kind of annoying
Other than that, I've been really happy with it, the cable is super solid and the colors are pretty nice. Only downside is there aren't many macros on the mouse except for the sniper button which I never use and got it remapped for most games, in the end I think it'll depend on what games you're planning on using the mouse for to see which one would fit you best

Dutch

It used to be great until just a few days ago when I got my Corsair K55 keyboard and had to update the Corsair software.
Before, the lights would just cycle randomly, but after the update I had to make a custom color cycle using the gradient effect, not a huge deal but still kind of annoying
Other than that, I've been really happy with it, the cable is super solid and the colors are pretty nice. Only downside is there aren't many macros on the mouse except for the sniper button which I never use and got it remapped for most games, in the end I think it'll depend on what games you're planning on using the mouse for to see which one would fit you best
https://www.amazon.com/Gaming-Mouse...pons&keywords=logitech+gaming+mouse&psc=1What do you think about this mouse. A bit cheaper

Toxik

Contributor
Yeah, Amazon was rampant with fake reviews so some people developed this checker, not sure how accurate it is but it's pretty handy

Dutch

Yeah, Amazon was rampant with fake reviews so some people developed this checker, not sure how accurate it is but it's pretty handy
Yeah. Thanks. I chose to go with the second link you provided. Looks bigger and is a bit cheaper. Using trading money to get it haha

Reactions: Toxik

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Personally,

In terms of a mouse I don't see myself using anything but the G502 at all for a while, 11 buttons that are all completely reprogram-able (including macros). Latest model has RGB (mine is currently just the old one in blue). It comes with weights that you can place in the bottom to get it to feel better for you... it's also quite large and fits really nicely in my hand.

For a headset I think that it really depends what you're going for. Previously I bought and adore a pair of wireless noise cancelling headphones for £230, the microphone on these was passable for calls but not gaming. Now I'm using a HyperX Cloud Stinger that is relatively cheap but also really nice, fantastic microphone quality and the audio is surprisingly great quality for the price.