SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
Download hardware monitor and run it

http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/1.25-setup.exe

But different hardware runs at different tempatures so you need to tell us what your processor and video card is to tell you if it may be overheating or not
z2ouMTF.png
specs and idle temp?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
z2ouMTF.png
specs and idle temp?

Nothing looks out of the ordinary with the temperatures so I doubt something is overheating before it can even load the start menu.

You said you could run certain video games without crashing, could you run one of them for awhile and post the tempatures after playing for 10-20 minutes?

Also try installing some new video card drivers, or using a older one if your current driver is up to date (sometimes new drivers can cause problems if they're buggy). http://support.amd.com/en-us/download You can use their automatic video card detector to find the newest driver

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
Nothing looks out of the ordinary with the temperatures so I doubt something is overheating before it can even load the start menu.

You said you could run certain video games without crashing, could you run one of them for awhile and post the tempatures after playing for 10-20 minutes?

Also try installing some new video card drivers, or using a older one if your current driver is up to date (sometimes new drivers can cause problems if they're buggy). http://support.amd.com/en-us/download You can use their automatic video card detector to find the newest driver
I'll try I don't think it will fix anything

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So should I just buy a new computer because this one is fucked or what

Virtually anything in a desktop can be replaced. You just need to figure out what exactly needs to be replaced (if its even a hardware problem to begin with). Point being your whole computer is not fucked, it's at the worst case scenario a specific piece of hardware that's fucked (which can be replaced)

The problem you described can be caused by a ton of different things. Because of this everyone you talk to is going to have you try out various fixes. Even if the stuff you try doesn't work, it can help tell us what the problem may be by narrowing down possible causes.

If you want help you have to work with the people trying to help you, otherwise we can't help you narrow down the potential causes.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Try to run a game that will crash it in windowed mode and keep that hardware monitor open as well. Keep an eye out for any changes and spikes. Also open your task manager to the performance tab to see if your CPU/memory usage spikes super high at all.

Also, have you installed any new hardware lately? Anything at all? If your PSU cannot keep up with the power demand, that might be an issue, a long shot, but it's possible.

Last edited:

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
Try to run a game that will crash it in windowed mode and keep that hardware monitor open as well. Keep an eye out for any changes and spikes. Also open your task manager to the performance tab to see if your CPU/memory usage spikes super high at all.
well my whole computer just reboots so i don't think ill catch it in time before it does but ive had my computer on for a extended period of time( 6-8 hours)and it hasnt crashed or gotten abnormally hot from what ive seen its just when i open games

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
well my whole computer just reboots so i don't think ill catch it in time before it does but ive had my computer on for a extended period of time( 6-8 hours)and it hasnt crashed or gotten abnormally hot from what ive seen its just when i open games
Ok, well if you truly want help, you really have got to help us understand your problem.

1) When did this start happening and did anything on your system change around that time (including any kind of update)?

2) A Complete DxDiag printout would be helpful, you could dump it into pastebin.com and link it here for us

3) Have you recently installed any new software OR hardware?

4) How old is your computer?

5) Have you ever in the past had any similar issues?

6) System specs would also be helpful, you know, processor type, mobo type, ram, vid card, op system, ect.

If your computer is older, the electrolytic fluid inside the capacitors on your motherboard can begin to dry up, causing an array of hardware related issues. This can usually be determined by examining the capacitors on your mobo for bulging.

Personally I always try to eliminate software issues as the cause first before suspecting hardware (unless indicated otherwise by BSOD error codes or in extreme cases POST beep codes)
If it were me, I would completely uninstall all drivers and software relating to your video (Device drivers, manufacturer software, and DirectX ), after removal is complete, do a complete reinstall of drivers and DirectX. If that has no affect, then you most likely have a hardware problem. (Corrupted or poorly coded display drivers are fully capable of causing a system reboot without an error being logged)

Last edited:

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
ok my bby furry helped me already graphics card software was outdated im not crashing anymore thank you for everyone that tried to help

Lydia

Unremarkable User
As for me, I would like to reinstall the game. With all the above answers, I got to know more about computers and games. Thanks all.