Bottiger

Administrator
4uMZHIL.jpg

It has been a long time since we've made changes to our stats system. As you may have known, we don't use Hlstats because it chokes on as little as 8 servers. We have also seen Gameme choke on a few dozens servers so we made our own custom stat system which did not have as many features, but was able to handle over 100.

Some people have been telling me that they wished we had more stats and a ranking system that you could grind for instead of our SR (skill rating) type system that tends to not change much and did not work for maps where the round never ends like 2Fort or Turbine.

It has finally been finished. You can see it in action right here:

https://stats.skial.com/season/

You can also get this information in-game with the !rank command or !rankfull to open up full details.

Currently ranks are calculated as a combination of kills and assist for most servers, but that can change in the future. For Saxton,Freak Fortress,Deathrun, and Zombie Escape, ranks are based on round wins.

Seasons will last about 3 months, where your seasonal stats will be wiped and the top 100 in each category to be saved forever.

As a side benefit, we are recording some of the most requested stats such as backstabs, headshots, and novel ones like voice chat and item trades.

After a few days without any issues, we will begin Season 1.

bl0

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Whelp, brb time to grind hard on my favourite servers.

This is pretty lit though ngl.

Bottiger

Administrator
We have added a new title to the store which will show your rank for the server in chat.

It will not show up until you type !rank for now, but this will be changed later.

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
Can't we rank the VSH and FF2 servers on basis of the damage people do? I think that would be much better than tracking them through the number of matches they've won.

Bottiger

Administrator
I don't see how that would be better. You can contribute in other ways than just dealing damage, like healing for example.

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
I don't see how that would be better. You can contribute in other ways than just dealing damage, like healing for example.
Medics most of the time get damage through the person they're healing or through stuff like uber chaining and often end up on top of the scoreboard unless they don't know what they're doing. Medic has a lot of potential to deal tons of damage unless he's playing against a boss like one punch man who can hit through his uber.
Plus most people look at damage to see who the best player on the server actually is so it would make more sense to rank players based on damage rather than rounds won.

Bottiger

Administrator
If the saxton hale plugin counts damage done by someone healed by a medic as the medic's damage, I don't think that is accurate and its not something our stats does.

This also has the problem of not rewarding good Hales and only encourages good non-boss playing when they win most of the time anyway.

If you are good, you will end up with more wins.

Bottiger

Administrator
Just an update, you can buy a title in the shop that will show your rank by your name when you chat, for the server category after you equip it.

The number will only be updated once per connection, or until you type /rank again. If you are unranked, it will not show up.

Last edited:

thebosstre

Uncharitable Spy
An idea could it be easier if you have different rank categories. EX Time,kills, most kills for all 9 classes and best of all, the highest afk

Bottiger

Administrator
The system really isn't designed to have multiple categories like that. There's already a different category for the 9 different game modes we have.

Last edited: