Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Hey guys, uncle Greifibyoulater here,

me and a few other community members we're talking about making an official YT channel for skial. Now, the reason why it has to be Skial Community YT is because of this punk, as some of you may remember. Which I found odd, because his logo is even brightly blue colored like ours. Anyway, the account name I thought up of was SkialCommunityTV or SkialCommunityGaming. Or SkialFazexXtrickshootersleaugeXx but I think that's too long.

What is the point of a YT channel?
I was hoping we could get together every sunday evening or so to do funny things on servers and other games. It's funny enough getting a server full of skialettes by random, but I think coordinating a team for videos would be even better (maybe even the best). We could also bolster the publicity of skial. I feel like it's a good try to awaking the forums up a little. Also, I hate to be the one to sound like a capatalist pig, buuttt, maybe it would also get us more donations so we can power the servers that died out. Because a lot of people have added me for some reason asking why their favorite servers are no longer available, and honestly ... I want a skial | Degroot. The final point is to make people laugh and have fun, right?

What kind of videos?
We'd be doing mostly TF2, but I think if we can manage teams with regs properly we could mess around on other/older games. Some ideas so far are: class rushes on VSH, VIP (arena while protecting a VIP), medieval mode, medieval mode with VIP, juggernaug (1 gun vs all melee). The only older game that came to my mind is Gettysburg: Armored Warfare which amazingly enough has good servers still (which house over 60 players). Maybe we could also do quake. If you have any ideas for videos do leave a reply.

Some examples of VSH class rush + Gettysburger
And we could apply meme's like this

Giveaways
We could also do giveaways and raffles and maybe even send off to charities if we can get a big enough subscription source.

Alright, what do we need?
We need ...
Recorder: to film the tragic events which will follow. (someone with a really powerful computer preferably)
Host/Poster Face: someone with a handsome voice to give announcements/face time in videos??
Organizer: this could also just be the hosts job, but we'd need someone to coordinate what's going on servers.
Editor: to edit footage and add meme's.
And plenty amount of cast: people to build fake accounts to give us extra fake suscribers. (Jest) The body of the project, people to play and have fun whilst being recorded.

Thanks for reading guys , and let's try this out?

If you're willing to join us on our escapades either contact me or leave a reply.
Recorder:
Host:
Organizer:
Editor:
Cast:

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Don't really see this being alive very long or funny/interesting.

Let alone having a week to edit a video every weekend. Take this from someone who had to do editing videos for people in short amount of time, it's not fun. At all, it's really hard work and painful to do because anything can go wrong fast. I don't really know if anyones willing to waste time for some videos that will get 3 views a year. I know I would not, because thats alot of work for nothing.

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
this seems like a pretty stupid idea, i mean atleast for such a largescale community, especially if you want the channel to be active, plus it might be quite a misreprisentation for the few people that would actually do this be under the Name of Skial
i mean if you're gonna do it go ahead but i wouldnt call it a Skial Community channel, otherwise it seems way blown out of proportions. honestly your expectations seem too high as well, i mean there is no instant success with youtube, a lot of youtubers that are popular now had months of nothing and then just kinda blew up in popularity
So yeah if you're gonna do this Actually Think this through next time

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I see what you guys are trying to get at ... but it sounds a whole lot like you just wanna lay down and die.
The forum activity now-a-days just feels like to me (and I know a lot of you feel the same way) it evolves around occasional failed attempts to revive reply in unmod or meme time, whilst waiting for the next brothermothers.

With some simple commitment I don't see what we're losing here.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Why exactly is this being -1'd? It's not a suggestion thread lol. I'd be down to edit videos if I have time.

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
@Maxwell @Cowboy Crow your -1's are powerless here.

I'm all for this if people are actually willing to put in the time, effort, and still represent Skial to the best of their abilities in public and in video.

I would be interested in being a cast member. May there be many laughs.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I see what you guys are trying to get at ... but it sounds a whole lot like you just wanna lay down and die.
The forum activity now-a-days just feels like to me (and I know a lot of you feel the same way) it evolves around occasional failed attempts to revive reply in unmod or meme time, whilst waiting for the next brothermothers.

With some simple commitment I don't see what we're losing here.
@Maxwell @Cowboy Crow your -1's are powerless here.

I'm all for this if people are actually willing to put in the time, effort, and still represent Skial to the best of their abilities in public and in video.

I would be interested in being a cast member. May there be many laughs.

What some are trying to get at is making a dedicated Youtube channel is VERY hard to do. You can't get far just with one video a week, sense when better (or worse) Youtubers can poop out videos 2 - 3 times a day and still struggle. Alot of top youtubers will tell you just taking one day off can cost you not only money but views and one mistake can cost you so much. If anyones dedicated to this you should really learn what you're getting into before doing it, because this stuff is not easy. I did Youtube and did editing for other Youtubers years ago. Its NOT fun to do. Its more of a chore then anything, and in the long run becomes a painful and not worth process to do.

Again if you and anyone else is willing to do it, go for it. But saying "Ill find the time." Can't cut it on Youtube if you want to even get 10 viewers on Youtube. I'm not trying to shoot down your Idea Defib. But you really do need to know what you and anyone else is getting into before starting this. 9 times out of 10 all of this work will be for nothing in youtube.

All power to anyone who wants to do this. But please make sure you know you are spending time on something that has a massive chance to fail. If it works, then awsome. But take it from some one whos been on YouTube and has worked with Youtubers in the past. Its NOT worth it. IF you did this stuff years ago, maybe. But now adays, its almost a huge waste of time. I just don't want to see peoples hopes up for this, just to get them shot down because they easily can.

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Condensing this down to say, "Seargeant, you're in over your head"

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The problem with this is that TF2 is an aging game. This might have been successful three years ago, but not now. Not to mention all of the existing TF2 videos already out there. Using Skial for this is also a slippery slope. It would be better to just come up with your own name and advertise skial. Using a preexisting name means preexisting opinions for viewers who recognize Skial. By all means, go for it, but don't expect much because it's a lot of work with little payoff.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Okay, so it can just be a detachment under a different name.

I'm willing to pay for editors.

Is there any other problems?