• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Zeek

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Since a few days ago I've been getting "randomly" kicked for command spamming on the VSH|US server.

MlLUWKa.png

It didn't use to happen before (for what I can recall) and I'm not sure what triggers it. It's been at apparent random instances, such as choosing a team/class with binds, then getting kicked as soon as the round starts.

The one event I could pinpoint was changing weapons as Pyro. I will get kicked when I go back and forward from my primary to my melee a few times.

While I do have my controls rebinded, this didn't use to happen before or in other servers so far. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do on my end to avoid getting kicked mid game? Thanks~

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Actually I can partially explain that to you. At least one possibility that happened to me.

Sometimes it happened to me when I lived in a household with shared internet. So someone in that household was using up all the upload bandwith of the available bandwith, so like just download was available. That ended up in phenomens like unable to chat (since the server couldnt receive the message) and unable to change weapon. Also I couldnt use radio commands and taunt. Once the bandwith was available, all of those commands have been executed at once, I was suddenly taunting, sending the chat message i wrote 2 minutes ago or sending the radio message (like calling for Medic).

So whenever I have used too much radio commands or chat messages in the time they were unable to be sent, later when they were sent all in one go I might be kicked for command spamming since the game recognized myself using all those commands at one go (spamming them).

Does this somehow apply to you?

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
This^
Or you have a defective bind that loops through too many commands at once.

Zeek

Interesting. Technically I shouldn't have connection issues, or at least they are not visible. I get semi steady ping and no one else should be using my line.

I hopped into the server and tried to replicate by switching weapons and the only one who got kicked was pyro which is kinda weird.

My full pyro cfg:
Code:
exec clear

bind MWHEELDOWN "slot3; sensM";
bind MWHEELUP "slot1; sens";
bind MOUSE5 "slot2; sens";

//--------------------------moveSpawns--------------------------------------
alias myclass "join_class pyro"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bind "BACKSPACE" "exec pyro.cfg"

Vs something like my medic config which doesn't get kicked:

Code:
//-------------------------MOUSE------------------------------
unbind MWHEELUP
unbind MWHEELDOWN

bind MOUSE3 "+reload"
bind MOUSE5 "snum3"

alias snum1 "slot1; unbind MWHEELUP; bind MWHEELDOWN snum2; unbind MOUSE2 +uber; sens; vmOFF"
alias snum2 "slot2; bind MWHEELUP snum1; unbind MWHEELDOWN; unbind MOUSE2; bind MOUSE2 +uberB; sens; vmON"
alias snum3 "slot3; bind MWHEELUP snum2; bind MWHEELDOWN snum1; unbind MOUSE2; bind MOUSE2 +uber; sens; vmON"

snum2

I know pyro is an underloved class but damn ):

Zeek

They used to be aliases for "sensitivity 1" and "sensitivity 1.5" that were removed,
I guess they're being read as empty commands now?

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
Actually I can partially explain that to you. At least one possibility that happened to me.

Sometimes it happened to me when I lived in a household with shared internet. So someone in that household was using up all the upload bandwith of the available bandwith, so like just download was available. That ended up in phenomens like unable to chat (since the server couldnt receive the message) and unable to change weapon. Also I couldnt use radio commands and taunt. Once the bandwith was available, all of those commands have been executed at once, I was suddenly taunting, sending the chat message i wrote 2 minutes ago or sending the radio message (like calling for Medic).

So whenever I have used too much radio commands or chat messages in the time they were unable to be sent, later when they were sent all in one go I might be kicked for command spamming since the game recognized myself using all those commands at one go (spamming them).

Does this somehow apply to you?

That sounds hilarious.

Off to find a way to nerf my upload speeds so that I can get the game to make me say "put dispenser here" for 10 min solid as a sandvich heavy.

Reactions: T-Wayne

Zeek

Maybe. Try removing them.

Sorry for the delay. That fixed it. If it's SMAC's Command Monitor which kicked me it seems "undeclared aliases" will trigger that (had to go back and unbind all related keys/buttons) although then i'm not sure why it doesn't kick me on the medic config, which was running empty aliases as well.

Thanks for the tip <: time to clean up my cfgs.