҉ SP∑∑DY ҉

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
The skial title color is about the same color as the blue of the skial website. It's not a bad color, but on blu team, the title does not stand out much and I was thinking about colors that would stand out on both teams such as lime or magenta.

Let me know what you guys think.

Mother

Mildly Menacing Medic
Probably either purple, sea green, gold, crimson red, or dark gold rod (just a dark gold orange)

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
Gold is a solid compliment to blue.
Or violently flashing rainbow gif letters work too.

҉ SP∑∑DY ҉

Many of these colors are great choices, but I believe some of these are already taken, or closely resemble one that was taken by another title.

In order of suggestion:

Gold may be free. I'm not sure, but I believe the Master title has yellow, so it might look similar.
Black and white are taken by Warrior and Princess respectively.
Baby puke green....probably not the best choice....of words. Also, Goblin has a similar green.
Purple is taken by King.
Sea green looks just like aqua which I believe is taken by the Lady title.
Crimson red would be similar to the red team color, unless the title could alternate colors between teams?
Dark gold orange sounds like what Emperor used to be for that title got changed.
Midnight blue looks similar to the Prince title color.

I chose Lime and Magenta because not only are they strong colors on both teams, but I also don't recall them being taken by another title.
(Closest to lime seems to be the Goblin green. Closest to Magenta seems to be the Queen's Pink and King's Purple. Correct me if I am wrong.)

As more expensive titles are being used, will the cheaper ones get their colors changed? If yes, this would be much easier.

With many titles used these days, I think a chart connecting each color to its corresponding title would help decide on potential colors in the future.

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I think just by looking at the chart Bottiger posted, I'd go for lime or something similar. Might have to play around in-game and see how these colors look against the constantly changing background of running around the maps, but I think lime would stand out against most anything.

Reactions: ҉ SP∑∑DY ҉

҉ SP∑∑DY ҉

I realise that it doesn't stand out when you're on the BLU team,
But surely having it be the actual colour that Skial uses is best?

That's true. I did enjoy knowing the color represents the website. It makes the title much more meaningful and it's a good color too. However, the way it blends in with blu team's chat just overshadows that fact. Less expensive titles just outshine it and that's what inspired me to suggest a change. If the color stays the same, no worries. It's still a solid blue. I just find a stronger color much more valuable.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
That's true. I did enjoy knowing the color represents the website. It makes the title much more meaningful and it's a good color too. However, the way it blends in with blu team's chat just overshadows that fact. Less expensive titles just outshine it and that's what inspired me to suggest a change. If the color stays the same, no worries. It's still a solid blue. I just find a stronger color much more valuable.

You know what, you make a good point... make the website gold!

҉ SP∑∑DY ҉

why not make the title white in reference to the white highlight of the logo?

White has already been taken by the Princess title. Most of the good colors have already been used by another title.
Of the remaining strong colors, my new list of preferred colors would be Lime, then gold, then finally Magenta.
I'm starting to like gold a little more, but not enough to surpass lime.

Salty Mcpepperson

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
I don't see any issues with making the Skial color Lime. It stands out, works well on Red and Blue. If someone else has the Skial title and cannot stand the color, maybe it can be readdressed. +1 to Lime