• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Kazooie

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I've been playing on a class wars server for the past few weeks and have been having a ton of fun on it. Today I went to go play on it to find it was replaced with normal TF2 on the new invasion maps. I understand that with the recent update you would logically want to add more servers with the new maps to draw in more people, but all I want to know is whether or not this server will ever come back. After all, the server seemed to be a huge success, usually when I play on it it's almost completely filled and I have never seen it drop under 20 / 32 players.

This used to be the ip for the Class Wars server : 104.153.106.181:27016

Bottiger

Administrator
Class wars was the worse server we had. If you only saw it when it was completely full, you only played for a very short amount of time.

It used to be more popular but it seems like a fad that died out.

This change is probably permanent.

Kazooie

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Class wars was the worse server we had. If you only saw it when it was completely full, you only played for a very short amount of time.

It used to be more popular but it seems like a fad that died out.

This change is probably permanent.

Did you play on there late at night or something? I've been playing for about a month now and from around 3 - 10 pm US Central time i've basically always seen at least 20 people on.

Bottiger

Administrator
You must only be playing there on the weekends then.

l2kEEho.png

Kazooie

Scarcely Lethal Noob
It's a shame there's no other class war servers, well it was fun while it lasted.

Bottiger

Administrator
Well there's probably a reason why there's no other class wars servers. It was a fad that is now unpopular.

And before you or anyone else brings up Kill-Streak, they illegally placed their server on quickplay.

Last edited:

Fenrir

Unremarkable User
Dang, class wars was the server I played the most on. Really sad to see it go.
I've seen times where it was always full and always had some fun matches.
There were some downsides what kinda killed it at times though. Hightower was really not suited for class wars. Matches ending up in stalemates and people got sick and tired of the endless matches and just wanted to change to a different class. I always saw a lot of complaining there and people leaving.
The cap on taunts also made it boring. I understand the reasoning for it at normal servers, but class wars was a fun and silly server, it should have stayed that way.
I hope I see the server get revived one day.