• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

MORE BOUNCE TO THE OUNCE

Scarcely Lethal Noob
People keep complaining that certain maps are broken/OP for certain classes (aka cinema) and that's why it's getting reworked. But isn't the issue really the fact the team can stack 11 heavies and 7 medics in ropes on cinema? At most there should be 5-6 of one class in a match. The reason popular weapons like the Loose Canon were removed from VSH was because 8 demos could sit in vents on abandoned warehouse and troll Hale for 20k HP. I'm totally okay if they want hide in vents with a few demos, but the stacking to the point where its continuous firing making hale completely immobile. Of course the hale could just rage but that removes fun really from both sides of the party, especially hales that play with the difficulty setting "No Rage". It really is a general concern for the balancing of items in VSH, they all have upsides that come with downsides but in certain cases those negatives can be completely negated by "in essence" spam. There just isn't enough reasoning on the counterpart to keep unlimited selection, in no way is it fun to fight 9 market garden sollys on egypt, it's just too much stalling. All I'm asking for is a simple change that I and many others really believe would fix the recent balancing issues on VSH.

MORE BOUNCE TO THE OUNCE

Scarcely Lethal Noob
People keep complaining that certain maps are broken/OP for certain classes (aka cinema) and that's why it's getting reworked. But isn't the issue really the fact the team can stack 11 heavies and 7 medics in ropes on cinema? At most there should be 5-6 of one class in a match. The reason popular weapons like the Loose Canon were removed from VSH was because 8 demos could sit in vents on abandoned warehouse and troll Hale for 20k HP. I'm totally okay if they want hide in vents with a few demos, but the stacking to the point where its continuous firing making hale completely immobile. Of course the hale could just rage but that removes fun really from both sides of the party, especially hales that play with the difficulty setting "No Rage". It really is a general concern for the balancing of items in VSH, they all have upsides that come with downsides but in certain cases those negatives can be completely negated by "in essence" spam. There just isn't enough reasoning on the counterpart to keep unlimited selection, in no way is it fun to fight 9 market garden sollys on egypt, it's just too much stalling. All I'm asking for is a simple change that I and many others really believe would fix the recent balancing issues on VSH.
Also on a side note, please revert mantread nerf on VSH if you do put class limits in.

MORE BOUNCE TO THE OUNCE

Scarcely Lethal Noob
20211109101930_1.jpg
Do I need say anything more? 14 Engies on abandoned warehouse? yeah red won....

• Dumb
Reactions: Jermaphobe

Feral Angel

TF2 Admin
Contributor
hang on a second, vsh has no class limits whatsoever?
Vsh1 had class limit but I don’t remember why it was removed before vsh2 was added. There was limit on engines and sniper from what I remember before. Maybe people complained? I don’t remember.
Also on a side note, please revert mantread nerf on VSH if you do put class limits in.
Manntreads were nerf because how much the soldiers can easily run away and stall runs most of the time. Not saying that gunboats is not the same. However in maps like military, warehouse, and Egypt, all the soldier would do is jump back and forth while the hale tried his best to jump to them or chase them all day long. Most weren’t even doing enough damage to the hale and would just use it to run away 80% of the time. Some changes were made on hales to counter this, now that it’s nerfed, I believe the changes were reverted. I prefer solly use gunboats, also HATE the parachute but what can you do?

Edit: would like to also say that if the manntreads are reverted from the nerf then the MG will be nerfed again. The nerf was added for the same reason as well.

Last edited:

herp 105.4

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
Vsh1 had class limit but I don’t remember why it was removed before vsh2 was added. There was limit on engines and sniper from what I remember before. Maybe people complained? I don’t remember.
lmao and people say that vsh is more balanced than ff2

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
cant the hale just cap?
Capping has been and will always be a bitch move. Mantreads are a crutch, the non nerfed treads are much to strong. Gunboat users shouldn't be given another disadvantage simply because users are unable to figure out how to use a crutch (Eg, market garden nerf would really hurt gunboat soldiers, its harder to hit gardens with them).

MORE BOUNCE TO THE OUNCE

Scarcely Lethal Noob

Manntreads were nerf because how much the soldiers can easily run away and stall runs most of the time. Not saying that gunboats is not the same. However in maps like military, warehouse, and Egypt, all the soldier would do is jump back and forth while the hale tried his best to jump to them or chase them all day long. Most weren’t even doing enough damage to the hale and would just use it to run away 80% of the time. Some changes were made on hales to counter this, now that it’s nerfed, I believe the changes were reverted. I prefer solly use gunboats, also HATE the parachute but what can you do?

Edit: would like to also say that if the manntreads are reverted from the nerf then the MG will be nerfed again. The nerf was added for the same reason as well.
The nerf was so harsh that they're totally useless now. I wish they just had class limits so there wasn't a million sollys.