• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Stove™

Positively Inhumane Poster
So I am someone who prefers to just let the game pick a class for me rather than trying to decide what class I wanna kill bosses with on FF2. I'm a sucker for variety and I just like to play everything.

Recently, though, I've noticed that whenever I choose random, it always spawns me as Soldier. Whether I choose my class during the pre-round or before the boss round starts, it always, without fail, spawns me as Soldier. It'll swap me to other classes when I pick random after it spawns me in as Soldier, but I digress. By all means, playing Soldier isn't a bad thing for me, but I'd rather he not be the first choice every time I pick random. It used to spawn me as any of the classes when I pop into the server, but it would appear that the game is trying to send me a sign that I should main Soldier or something.

I'm curious if this happens to anybody else (and in any other servers besides FF2, I guess) when they choose random or if it's just me. It's not too big of a deal, but I still find it odd and I'm curious if it's a bug of some sort.

Stove™

Positively Inhumane Poster
Updating this since it's become weirder:

I've tested choosing the random class option on other servers, including Skial ones. It works fine on other servers and will usually pick a random class other than Soldier (although it seems to like to cycle through Heavy, Pyro, and Scout a lot of the time). I'm thinking it must only be a VSH/FF2 related bug because that's the only place where it happens. On top of that, every time I try to join the pre-round now, before it even starts, it won't let me join a team, as it thinks I'm trying to latespawn. Trying to choose a random class also forces me onto Soldier every time I choose it during this time. It has become quite an annoying bug and I'm wondering if there's a way to fix it.

TJS

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I'm not sure why this happens. I know that Soldier is a "default" Class, but I don't think they'd give it priorities in a fricking randomizer