Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Just observation on my part where the skial server rules states,

• Avoiding punishment by changing your account, ip address, or any other means.
I noticed on 2 occasions and ironically on the same server, when players observe a player breaking a rule, the offending player dodges some form of punishment by changing their alias to match another player. Ingame players would get confused and potentially kick the wrong player.

* Incidentally, both players below where successfully vote kicked only to return a minute later to re-offend and seemingly rendering the votekick option useless.

This has happened twice on my watch. Valve unfortunately does not seem to stop anyone of replicating someone else's ingame name. In this instance
I am the Eggman (140 ping) was the rule breaker and on Good Friday, it is Daniel or (w+m1) with a (166 ping) who was also a rule breaker.

The irony is that it maybe the same player cuz he played on the same server.

Below are the screenshots of what the offending player(s) were doing as described above.

Just a FYI to our regulars.

Attachments

• I am the eggman.png
    I am the eggman.png
    913.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Daniel166.png
    Daniel166.png
    633.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
Incidentally, both players below where successfully vote kicked only to return a minute later to re-offend and seemingly rendering the votekick option useless.
to be fair, votekick only kicks, hence the name votekick.

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
to be fair, votekick only kicks, hence the name votekick.
So no period of time is attached therefore the alleged rule breaker could re-enter the game as I 've seen happen. The main concern I raise is associated with any very serious rule breaker guising under another player's name ingame and causing confusion with other players thereby the innocent player(s) getting removed.

Players were curious on the length of the !votekick and why they who know who the real player threat is don't perhaps file report(s) themselves on our forums.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
there is a difference between votekick and voteban (voteban lasts 30 minutes)

though if you're talking about who I think you're talking about, he's using several F2P accounts and hopping IP addresses to avoid punishment and we are more than aware of the problem

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
there is a difference between votekick and voteban (voteban lasts 30 minutes)

though if you're talking about who I think you're talking about, he's using several F2P accounts and hopping IP addresses to avoid punishment and we are more than aware of the problem
Thanks for the explanation 🙂

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Players were curious on the length of the !votekick and why they who know who the real player threat is don't perhaps file report(s) themselves on our forums.

Votekick never had a "length." You're thinking of voteban, which was removed because reddit memed about it.