mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
If this is the reason why you made this, then I would recommend changing the /report command so it stays on the screen like a nomination or a vote. But instead of simply pressing 4 or 5, keep it to !votereport. Many people just press it because it's easy and don't care what would actually happen. If they have to type !votereport then I assume less people would do it, but the people that do want to report the person can easily see what they have to do.
I saw a report just flash by and I can guess pretty much no one had seen it, and I have a lot of people muted.
fFdLDrb.jpg

Basically this, like calling a vote or /msay or something, so it doesn't disappear in an instant and it could give people more information about it (who's getting reported, why and maybe something else).

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Maybe some other server text could be used?

Like that white text that goes across the middle of the screen

keylsior

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Hello there. I usually play on the Skial EU - Badwater server.
We don't have popups for reports because it blocks weapon switching.
All voting matters are done through a transparent popup on the left side of the screen (at least on the named server). The buttons 1, 2, 3, .. are used for choosing an option - that blocks weapon switching. Am I misunderstanding something here?

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
!votereport is done strictly in chat, not in menus. You're talking about and screencapped the menu when someone starts a !votemenu vote.

keylsior

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Well, I hope that this screencap (https://i.imgur.com/bUUaPVf.jpg) is closer to the votereport command. I haven't actually seen one like that so I can't be sure.

Anyway, I'd actually like to refer to Bottiger's words (there are no popups [for reports] because it blocks weapon switching). All menus I get on the EU Skial Badlands server actually block weapon switching. I'm wondering about that. Is only the votereport menu intended to not block weapon switching, or are all menus intended to not block?

My wording is a little fuzzy so I'll try my hand at a clear sum up. I read from earlier in the thread that popups are not used because they block weapon switching. But on the aforementioned server, whenever any vote comes up, it blocks weapon switching.

Last edited:

mike-kirby

Well, I hope that this screencap (https://i.imgur.com/bUUaPVf.jpg) is closer to the votereport command. I haven't actually seen one like that so I can't be sure.

Anyway, I'd actually like to refer to Bottiger's words (there are no popups [for reports] because it blocks weapon switching). All menus I get on the EU Skial Badlands server actually block weapon switching. I'm wondering about that. Is only the votereport menu intended to not block weapon switching, or are all menus intended to not block?
There is no votereport menu block, that's what I suggested. I thought your post was about why it wouldn't be okay for a votereport to have a popup menu while the same problem occurs with other implemented features like !votemenu.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor

My wording is a little fuzzy so I'll try my hand at a clear sum up. I read from earlier in the thread that popups are not used because they block weapon switching. But on the aforementioned server, whenever any vote comes up, it blocks weapon switching.
Judging from this thread I don't think !votemenu responses were intended to block weapon switching, that's just how the plugin was written, and there are complications with changing it.

Personally I like it how it is now, though. I think the response rate for votes would go way down if people could simply ignore it. !votereport, on the other hand, only needs a few people to type it in chat if they agree with the reasoning.

Bottiger

Administrator
Our report system and the votemenu plugin were made at a time when the F1-F5 menu didn't exist.

The votemenu plugin is very large and in my opinion not worth my time to rewrite it given the amount of people that complain about it.

If you manage to rewrite the plugin or find someone else that will, then let us know and we'll be happy to switch.

mike-kirby

I'm not talking about !votemenu blocking weapon switching but about making !votereport more visible.
Is there a possibility you could implement it like this where it shows it down in the middle. This doesn't prevent people from switching weapons. It's easy to see and you it doesn't block your view.
9vx3leX.jpg

Or like this where it gets shown on the top left (with less flashy colors maybe).
eWJ61KU.jpg