Yuki Nagato

Uncharitable Spy
Every time a vote happens on Skial your weapons are basically locked until you select an option because it's using the number keys for them. It's not helped by the fact people very ofen vote without even realizing, knowing or caring what it's for, that and the fact vote abuse is rife. If you set it to instead use the F keys and not interfere with peoples play then they could choose to simply not vote on matters they don't even know anything about.

I see hordes of votes appear and I don't have a clue what the accusation is for or whether it's just vote abuse. I have a rule to hit no and get it off the screen in such cases. An option to effectively abstain will let people who only care/know about it vote and other people won't have their game interrupted.

Reactions: Toxik

Gameboy.exe

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
You can just make a bind to say "!votemenu" in console.
If you don't know how to make a bind, make sure your console is on. You can enable it by going into options when you are at the main screen. Once that is enabled, open the console by pressing the ` on your keyboard. Next, a box should appear on the right of your screen. Type this in the console: bind f "say !votemenu".

Also a +1 from me.

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Every time a vote happens on Skial your weapons are basically locked until you select an option because it's using the number keys for them.

I figured assumed that since this is a pretty annoying issue already brought up many times that it may actually be something hardcoded so Bottiger can't touch it. Don't quote me on that though. Otherwise +1. This would be nice QoL implement.

Sakiko

Contributor
Using the voting system should only be for real reasons not as joke votes or just for abuse and if you demo before and and after the vote the demo can be passed on to admins to deal with.

But would agree moving to the F keys would be ideal

Bottiger

Administrator
This was requested for a long time but the votemenu plugin was too big to rewrite.

It looks like someone managed to do it at last though, but the configuration file is not backwards compatible so we will have to rewrite them all and test them.

Bottiger

Administrator
I just tested this and I managed to fix it to actually make it work since it is broken on a fresh install.

But the plugin does not support ban or mute reasons at all. I don't think this is enough of an issue to lose ban and mute reason, or is it?

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I just tested this and I managed to fix it to actually make it work since it is broken on a fresh install.

But the plugin does not support ban or mute reasons at all. I don't think this is enough of an issue to lose ban and mute reason, or is it?

You mean like the racism/spam reasons that come up when you start a vote?

If that's the case, I don't think they're that necessary. If a person calls a reasonable vote to gag or mute someone then I assume most of the server will know what the reason is.

Bottiger

Administrator
I wouldn't be so sure that most of the server will know, and it will be harder to verify if someone is votespamming without the reasons.

Yuki Nagato

Uncharitable Spy

Could they just be listed after each other instead of going to a second menu list for the reason?

eg:

F1 - Ban/Hacking
F2 - Ban/Griefing
F3 - Ban/Racism
F4 - Turn on crit on cap
F5 - Restart map
F6 - All talk

etc etc

Bottiger

Administrator
There are 2 silence reasons and 4 ban reasons which would clutter the menu quite a bit.

It would also be really easy to spam voteban/silence because instead of having 1 cooldown, you have 6 different cooldowns.

Yuki Nagato

Uncharitable Spy
Just realized I got confused about this. The only options that would actually need to use F keys are yes and no, the actual vote reason could still use number keys as the person doing the vote has to stop anyway. Unless it's not possible to edit the mod that way?