Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So atm, the votescramble option on Hightower is quite literally pointless. It only happens at the end of round. But there aren't rounds in Hightower now since the carts are locked in place. Is there a way to maybe make it so that the scramble happens immediately or after a short delay on that server instead?

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So atm, the votescramble option on Hightower is quite literally pointless. It only happens at the end of round. But there aren't rounds in Hightower now since the carts are locked in place. Is there a way to maybe make it so that the scramble happens immediately or after a short delay on that server instead?
Just playing devil's advocate here, whilst trying to understand something... if there are no rounds, then there's no goal?, it's just a free for all? Why would a scramble, used to basically balance teams even be needed?

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just playing devil's advocate here, whilst trying to understand something... if there are no rounds, then there's no goal?, it's just a free for all? Why would a scramble, used to basically balance teams even be needed?

You're not wrong that there is no goal. However it's not very fun to play on hightower when one team holds 20-30 doms, and the other team holds 0. One team has heavies/engies in the middle, and the other team is forced to sit in the spawn/not leave more than two feet out of their own base. A free for all isn't very fun when every competent player is on the same team.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You're not wrong that there is no goal. However it's not very fun to play on hightower when one team holds 20-30 doms, and the other team holds 0. One team has heavies/engies in the middle, and the other team is forced to sit in the spawn/not leave more than two feet out of their own base. A free for all isn't very fun when every competent player is on the same team.
I hear ya, it's the same on Turbine, once a team grabs mid and builds a couple of sentries you're basically spawn camped for half an hour.
I don't know whether the vote would help as you will have all those tryhards pinning you in spawn voting no. You're also going to want a longer cooldown for voting to scramble, or just have the server auto-scramble every 30 minutes?

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I hear ya, it's the same on Turbine, once a team grabs mid and builds a couple of sentries you're basically spawn camped for half an hour.
I don't know whether the vote would help as you will have all those tryhards pinning you in spawn voting no. You're also going to want a longer cooldown for voting to scramble, or just have the server auto-scramble every 30 minutes?

I don't think an auto scramble is really needed tbh. It's not that it happens like an insane amount, it's just when it does happen, and both teams acknowledge it's a problem by voting yes, it should go through. Like earlier today, legitimate 30 dom difference between both teams, I think we had like 65-70% vote yes, and in the end, obviously, nothing happened.

I would say like 80% of the time the teams are fine, or just slightly stacked enough that it isn't a big deal. But for the 20%, it'd be nice if we could take some form of action to balance stuff.

More often than not, I find vote scrambles pass when the teams are truly awful. I would be ok with a longer cooldown on vote scramble if it meant it took place immediately, or like 10-15 mins after it passed.

SeaRavioli

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I agree, the many of the commands are completely broken or unusable, this one directly impacts the game, it needs a change!

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I don't think an auto scramble is really needed tbh. It's not that it happens like an insane amount, it's just when it does happen, and both teams acknowledge it's a problem by voting yes, it should go through. Like earlier today, legitimate 30 dom difference between both teams, I think we had like 65-70% vote yes, and in the end, obviously, nothing happened.

I would say like 80% of the time the teams are fine, or just slightly stacked enough that it isn't a big deal. But for the 20%, it'd be nice if we could take some form of action to balance stuff.

More often than not, I find vote scrambles pass when the teams are truly awful. I would be ok with a longer cooldown on vote scramble if it meant it took place immediately, or like 10-15 mins after it passed.
I guess if both teams vote yes, then it's a needed change.

Reactions: Antamania