Crust

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
This was relatively recently suggested and approved: https://www.skial.com/threads/trade_aperturelab-for-trade-servers.113970/

The people who tested/looked at the map before from the US trade server had positive feedback about the map, but most of the people are on the US server.
I suggest bringing the map over to the US server, since it hits over 30 people regularly and the current map feels a little too cramped for it, while the new one is way bigger and better suited for this.

Bottiger

Administrator
I don't believe this map is designed as well for trading. Before we used to accept any kind of map for trade and they got bigger and bigger with more nooks and crannies to the point where people were only on the server to explore and the server almost went to 0.

I put this on the EU server to see if I could be wrong now and it looks like I am not.

RenZ

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
I don't believe this map is designed as well for trading. Before we used to accept any kind of map for trade and they got bigger and bigger with more nooks and crannies to the point where people were only on the server to explore and the server almost went to 0.

I put this on the EU server to see if I could be wrong now and it looks like I am not.
I've said this before, but I'm gonna say it again, putting an arguably better map on the less active of the two trade servers will not produce results unlike testing it on the main server for about a week. I've been noticing a slight declining player base on trade US ever since the jump to 64 players, and people are getting tired of the current map and really want a breath of fresh air.

I also don't think you truly understand what people do on the trade servers now given you've not touched trade in 5 years according to your stats page, most people are there screwing around with the !equip command and !+sm_jetpack, idling and donors doing donor things. I invite you to spectate trade for a bit, get an idea of what people are actually doing.

Bottiger

Administrator
I've been noticing a slight declining player base on trade US ever since the jump to 64 players
This is caused by covid lockdowns ending. Every trade server, not just ours, has suffered a drop in players. It is not caused by 64 slots or the map.

I also don't think you truly understand what people do on the trade servers now given you've not touched trade in 5 years according to your stats page
This account is an alt. I don't use it to play TF2 to avoid people stalking me as well as judging me on how much tf2 I play or don't play or which servers.