Mr. Socko

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
I would like to make a suggestion for changing the first offence punishment from 1 day to maybe 2 days or remove it all together and just start with 3 days.
The reason I suggest this is because there are players who don't see the 1 day ban long enough and just come back the next day to abuse the server rules. If they have a longer ban for the first time, players will try to resist breaking the rules since they will be more affected by it rather than the 1 day ban.
Even though the admins do a superior job at current state, it will still greatly benefit the community.

Mr. Socko

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
An explanation for -1 would have been appreciated but I understand why you would vote against it. Although this shouldn't affect you since you are already on your second offence.
BEql5Rs.png

Reactions: Defibyoulater

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I can understand your thinking where someone might just disconnect and come back approximately the same time the next day and do it again. But that's why we have progressive punishments and I don't think automatic three-days would be well-received or any more beneficial than starting on one-days. It's not a glaring problem so it probably won't be changed.

Zev

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
An explanation for -1 would have been appreciated but I understand why you would vote against it. Although this shouldn't affect you since you are already on your second offence.
BEql5Rs.png
That was a year ago. i stopped talking trash

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor

How would dealing first time violators multiple days of punishment right off the bat do anything but harm Skial. Multiple days of punishment are for people who break the rules multiple times. Someone breaks a rule once, gets banned for three days? That's just far too harsh and nonsensical.

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
First day offenses are good for the people who just had no idea they were breaking a rule. Like I used to voteabuse and got a one-day mute for it because I had no idea it was against the rules. There's no point overpunishing these kinds of people. The progressive punishment system gets the trolls and deliberate rulebreakers.

Last edited:

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
This was brought up before, I would argue that more often than not, people notice the one day punishment.

Mr. Socko

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
My suggestion wasn't just removing the one 1 day ban altogether but changing it to 2 days as well either just silence/mute, bans or both. This idea could have also been only implemented for specific players such those who have been Vote-muted or Vote-banned such as 5 to 10 times by the community, as those players still get the 1 day ban since they have never been reported or banned by an admin before. Still it's just an opinion of my own and I value everyone's reasons behind not doing so.