g .

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
I know the suggestions subforum has been pretty active lately and I don't mean to overwhelm Bottiger or any admins that manage the plugin rules, but I'd like to propose a buff for the Christian Brutal Sniper.

In his current state, I feel CBS is a little weak. Before Heavies got buffed and Snipers could tank a hit with a razorback, you could argue that he stood in a good place, but now he feels a lot like a ragdoll. His extremely low knockback resistance makes it very difficult to deal with clusters of enemies or to fight on small maps. His arrows are most effective against a grand total of two classes: Scout and Engineer. Other classes have a means of tanking the arrows with overheal, a shield, invis watch or just max health. (A fully charged CBS arrow does exactly 197 damage.) I won't deny that his huntsman has great situational utility and if used properly can be very strong. I just don't feel it's strong enough to counteract the literal 0 knockback resistance. I propose a few things:

1. Buff his arrows, make them do more damage. How much may take some playtesting but at least enough to 1-shot a level 3 sentry. (More attentive engineers wrangle their sentry to tank it anyways, so I think this raises the skill ceiling for Engi a little and balances out.) If buffing the damage seems too strong, maybe give CBS less arrows per rage or make his rage metre build slower to balance the extra damage.

2. Give him some knockback resistance, the Vagineer gets away with no knockback resistance because his rage renders him impervious for awhile.

3. Give his rage a larger radius. Currently you have to be close enough to hit someone anyways for a rage to stun someone, this makes dealing with clusters of people extremely difficult. Especially when that cluster of people is comprised of several 675 HP (overheal) Heavies, Medics with Ubercharge and guarded by at least a sentry with a dispenser to keep the Heavies happy.

Again, I feel the Vagineer is still viable if not pretty good due to his invulnerability, but the CBS just doesn't have that luxury. In a full lobby, he gets tossed around like a play toy with only a few weak arrows to return fire at the maelstrom of bullets flinging him around. Not to mention how all the tossing about makes it all the more difficult to aim a well-placed shot. Please consider, thank you.

Reactions: Slip

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
+1 I main CBS, honestly I think the knockback resistance buff and maybe slightly more damaging arrows would be plenty.

Slip

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
+1 All hales need a knockback buff, lets be real here. A single bullet can throw off the trajectory of an important jump, costing thousands of health points in unfortunate situations. Either reduce knockback or reduce jump cooldown.

g .

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
To be clear since I forgot to mention this in the original post: Each suggestion is supposed to be their own buff. I believe giving him all three would be too powerful.

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
If anything I'd say increase his knockback resistance, arrow damage, and also reduce his super jump cooldown, and then just remove his scare entirely. His playstyle is a sniper, the scare always felt unnecessary to me.