Thumper

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
Summary:
Cant get voice chat to work in 2FORT-LA...HELP!
Details:
Hi,
Whenever I connect to the 2FORT LA Server (162.248.93.211:27015) voice chat doesn't work. I can't hear anyone and no one can hear me.
I get an error in console saying
"Unable to load voice codec 'vaudio_celt'. Voice disabled. (module 0, iface 0, codec 0)"

The voice bubble doesnt even appear when I press f or v

The weird part is it only happens on this one server (my favorite server of course lol) and a couple of other skial servers, most Skial and regular servers the chat works fine.

Any ideas? Ive tried everything.
Thanks in advance
Thumper​

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This is likely not a skial issue, but I'll try to help, so I googled it for you.

Have you tried this?
In the taskbar, there should be a speaker icon. Right-click that, go to recording devices. Go to the properties of your microphone, and go to the advanced tab. Under "Exclusive mode", uncheck everything and apply.

Thumper

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
yes tried that before, no dice. Believe me I have googled everything I can think of :)

Mentalpatient

Mildly Menacing Medic
Summary:

"Unable to load voice codec 'vaudio_celt'. Voice disabled. (module 0, iface 0, codec 0)"

Have you looked into to see if the file is corrupt?

Temporarily rename the file vaudio_celt.dll to something like vaudio_celt.dll.bak and do a file integrity check on the game, a new copy will get downloaded.

hutty

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Making an account because this same issue has been plaguing me (on the TF2maps.net servers) and this is the only thread on the internet I could find with the same issue.

The solution I have found was going in the steam client settings and backing out of the beta. Go into steam and remove yourself from the beta participation. And then the problem should just magically go away. (after restarting Steam and TF2 of course)