• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

citrus9wyo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Hello all.

It seems like after trying about 10 different Skial servers, I can't connect to any within any of the US region. My game freezes like it does normally after it loads 3/4 of the way, and then just stays there.

I left TF2 running for about an hour and it couldn't connect.

Any solution?

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Hello all.

It seems like after trying about 10 different Skial servers, I can't connect to any within any of the US region. My game freezes like it does normally after it loads 3/4 of the way, and then just stays there.

I left TF2 running for about an hour and it couldn't connect.

Any solution?
Is it ONLY skial servers or have you tried others?

Reactions: JohnnyGaloshes

citrus9wyo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Only Skial servers. I can connect to my fave x10 server, servers that show up in the default list, pubs, etc.

citrus9wyo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Yes, I have. The only server I couldn't connect to was the one that added like 50 custom weapons, but that's self-explanatory.

Edit: The only OTHER server

Last edited:

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Do you have your console enabled? When you try to connect and it just "sits there", can you press escape and see what the console prints? Does it print anything relevant like "retrying (ip)/timed out" or anything that might explain it? Does your PC still respond or do you have to quit the game using ctrl+alt+del? Do you have downloads enabled in options?

citrus9wyo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Do you think this might be a computer problem at all? Do you have any other problems with ANYTHING else not Tf2 related?
No, it's not computer-related, I can connect to other things just fine.

Do you have your console enabled? When you try to connect and it just "sits there", can you press escape and see what the console prints? Does it print anything relevant like "retrying (ip)/timed out" or anything that might explain it? Does your PC still respond or do you have to quit the game using ctrl+alt+del? Do you have downloads enabled in options?
I can't see what the console prints because my game does not respond.

citrus9wyo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
And if it's related, my game likes to crash every once in a while on any server by freezing (but "Not Responding" doesn't pop up) for a sec and then beginning to not respond at that moment.