Hiiglane

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
So, a while ago someone asked for an update for Dr_Undertale and it was approved and while it didn't make the map that much better (aside from fixing some bigger problems) I realized that Pirate could really use a few fixes to make the map overall better and a more fun experience for "bad----not as good" players.

A big problem on Pirate are little bugs that appear to cause artificial difficulty rather than actually being there to make the map harder and cause players to get pissed with the map. (Or go spy)

1) Fix platforms: I'mma be honest I have no clue how to do this but this problem was fixed on Dr_Cocainum, back when Cocainum was older, the 3 elevator platforms would get stuck if more than two players stood on it and you'd have to jump to get it to move but after recent changes this doesn't happen anymore. On the 3 platforms that go up on Pirate, if two players stand on one of them they'll stop. This becomes a problem since the natural pattern of the platforms can be changed if two players stand on them, making it even harder to get past that area. This problem also reappears later on the map, with the 10 different platforms that elevate and descend through the water, if two players stand on the same platform, or if two players are on them at the same time then they can either get stuck under the water (making it impossible to survive) or they flat out break and stop going under the water.

2) Amp up that damage: the water on the map/any fall areas doesn't one shot cloaked spies, if Number 1 is fixed, they'll be no reason to allow spies to clear water/fall areas in cloak. So it should kill spies instantly.

3) Hale's Teleporters: A smaller problem, when playing Hale the first area teleporters are so close to each other, that when you walk through you get shot into the other teleporter, pretty much making it difficult to get into Part 2 when playing Hale, miniscule problem but it'd be nice to get it fixed.

4) Another smaller problem, the trap near the pirate ship that traps players in a box then the floor breaks can be glitched, if a player pushes against the wall then they can avoid falling into the water and dying then when the platform comes down they can stop it from fully coming all the way down which can block anyone behind the trap from progressing through the map.

(Bonus Suggestion: Pirate is a great map, and honestly the only difficult DR map we have on Skial but the longevity of the map is its biggest problem which pretty much everyone knows. I want these bugs fixed because if they are fixed I think we can get more players through the map, (even the ones who die on the first pattern dissapearing paltform) and honestly I dont think it would be a bad idea to remove some areas to make the map a bit smaller too. (Like the completely unnecessary moving lazer beams/spinning swords/obby at the end since these are all map-traps rather than hale activated traps and whats the point of things like that)

Hiiglane

Can we get a reply :^)?:coldsweat:
Ahaha, no. Just a bug fix response since if this goes through there are some pretty irritating bugs that need to get the fuck out:
1) The moving boulder, after the moving platform obby, if you stand in certain areas it can push you through the wall and place you out of bounds where the 0:59 timer cant kill you, this is because the area thats supposed to teleport you back if you get pushed into the wall doesnt apply in small little area.
2) Doors - The doors on the map should stay the same, they open forwards and they damage people when they open stopping players from griefing by keeping the door shut but the smaller doors throughout the map have a problem in which if they go down and then a person stands too close or in them as they go back down they'll stay shut until the people near the doors on both sides back up, a lot of players have been abusing this. Since you cant see the name of the person blocking the door because its technically a wall they delay the other players by blocking it. And a lot of times people unintentionally make the door stay shut by staying too close to it after this person has backed away
Player exits door before it closes -> Door closes -> Player jumps back on door -> Door stays shut since theres technically a person in it -> Door will not open unless theres nobody in close proximity on both of the sides.
3) The trap where the door falls over and crushes anything under it doesn't work properly, for some reason it doesnt actually crush the player and the door just like stops on their head, allowing the player to just walk out of it and then it just goes back to the floor. Make it kill.
4) For the moving platform obby, after you avoid the left and right wall and have to jump through the square hole, there is no damage on its platform, so players can just jump on it and stay there as the platform keeps going, not a big problem but it makes it way less difficult since you can just land on this area and walk forwards or just land there and stay there.
5) After the moving boulder gets out of the way, and you break through the floor, the platform that goes to the left (just like the other platforms on the map) will not move if more than 1 person stands on it.
6) Another platform glitch, if two players stand on the platform after the cannonball trap, it stays in place if they stand near each other. Can be abused to annoy players.
7) Because of the health packs and ammo boxes, A player can stay in the spawn indefinitely after it closes and kills afk players, because of the health boxes. Usually exploited to delay round
8) The first traps doors dont go all the way down if multiple players are standing on it, this is pretty much used to get past the first trap without dying.
9) ANOTHER PLATFORM I FORGOT ABOUT, after you get past the 3 elevating platforms, there platform that goes in a circle wont move it 2 players are standing on it, and if one player gets off it'll reverse direction for some strange unknown reason.

RequiemForThePhantom1

Scarcely Lethal Noob
People will still die at the disappearing platform in the first area, but these changes do make the map a bit more viable..... I think.
(Like the completely unnecessary moving lazer beams/spinning swords/obby at the end since these are all map-traps rather than hale activated traps and whats the point of things like that)

I do not know about removing these. I mean if they have some sort of gimmick AND a trap, I would say remove the trap and leave the gimmick there. Removing parts of an map IS unnecessary. It's feature added expecting the players to be to pass through them. It's the same as not wanting a certain trap just because it is too hard.

Hiiglane

People will still die at the disappearing platform in the first area, but these changes do make the map a bit more viable..... I think.

I do not know about removing these. I mean if they have some sort of gimmick AND a trap, I would say remove the trap and leave the gimmick there. Removing parts of an map IS unnecessary. It's feature added expecting the players to be to pass through them. It's the same as not wanting a certain trap just because it is too hard.

Woo more comments love em~

Yes, players that still have no clue that you can type "!3 or /3" to go into thirdperson or players with really bad timing will still die at the beginning platform, we have a lot of casual DR players that really arent good at platforming so I honestly wouldnt be surprised if that doesn't change but yeah, as a player i've found the most difficult things on the map seem to be just really stupid bugs with the map rather than actual intended difficulty.

Also, thanks for bringing my thing up because I wanted to elaborate on it but it wouldn't let me edit the original. I honestly like those little parts but I feel they add to how ridiculously long the map is, I dont know how the map will play out if the bugs stated before end up getting fixed, so I was wondering, would the map still be long or will there be enough players to finish it in time? Its actually kinda difficult for me to explain. The main problem with the map atm is players dying way too early on and then having little to nobody to make it to the end of the map, accompanied by how long the map is, making it impossible to either finish in time or finish at all. If you dont get past the ship area by 5mins, then you cant even make it to the end. If more players can survive, then the longevity of the map is still a problem as you're expected to get there within such a time frame. A lot of times people get delayed by trying to bait out traps that nobody can make it there. My point was, removing some things that hale cant even use to reduce how long the map is even if they do make the map harder (and personally I enjoy them) I feel the map will still have a problem with nobody being able to finish in time with how long it is.