Not open for further replies.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
2myqgsm.jpg

How the fuck did anyone miss this?

BadGuy

Server-Clearing Cynic
This is not a pony forum. This is a subsection of a forum for an internet craze. People who usually post pony shit outside a pony forum do it for attention. They're like homosexuals. You'll have your loud flamboyant guys that make everyone feel awkward, and then there is the normal homosexual who you probably wouldn't know is one unless he told you. People that spout their pony shit consistently gets annoying, especially when it's zealously defended.

DaJaKoe

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
This is not a pony forum. This is a subsection of a forum for an internet craze. People who usually post pony shit outside a pony forum do it for attention. They're like homosexuals. You'll have your loud flamboyant guys that make everyone feel awkward, and then there is the normal homosexual who you probably wouldn't know is one unless he told you. People that spout their pony shit consistently gets annoying, especially when it's zealously defended.

Most bronies are heterosexual, this statement is invalid.

Perseus Dash Jackson

Epic Skial Regular
This is not a pony forum. This is a subsection of a forum for an internet craze.

Oh, you're one of those who think being a brony is just a fad, how cute.

By the way, this is a pony forum. The name of this subforum is "My Little Pony". Coming in here and bashing bronies is like coming into this forum as a whole and bashing people who like tf2.

Catswithtophats

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Oh, you're one of those who think being a brony is just a fad, how cute.

By the way, this is a pony forum. The name of this subforum is "My Little Pony". Coming in here and bashing bronies is like coming into this forum as a whole and bashing people who like tf2.

Isn't it a fad though? My Little Pony and being a Brony got very popular in a relatively short amount of time and thus, like a fad, will be forgotten just as fast. That's generally how fads work (ie: Pokemon, Inu-Yasha, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Yu-gi-oh etc). You can also call it an "internet phenomenon" due to the fact that because of the internet, it gained popularity from males ages 15-35 and MLP was able to spread quickly via videos on youtube and/or forums. To think that the popularity MLP is going to last "forever" is somewhat shortsighted and childish, honestly. It doesn't have the ablity to become a cultural phenomenon either, due to the limited range of it's target audience and the general negative stigma that comes with watching what adults think as "children's shows". Especially since it's aimed at little girls, making even more difficult to have a cultural impact.

Lets be real here, MLP is no Simpsons, Micky Mouse or Tom & Jerry. It's based off of a 1980's pony toy line for young girls. Believe me, as a girl, no one remembers little girl's shows, like Jem; it's always boy's shows like Transformers that retain their popularity. I don't know why, I'm assuming it's our masculine culture that denounces femininity as being weak, but that's a whole other sexist hot mess. Shows like this happen all the time; MLP is just flavor of the month. Even if there's MLP conventions, the popularity of being a Brony will not stay at it's peak. So, no, it's not "how cute", it's what's actually going to happen. It might take a while, and it even might be popular for another year or two, but eventually it's novelty will wear off, you'll find something else and it will be forgotten. I mean, come on now. No one plays Yu-gi-oh cards anymore. And Yu-gi-oh was even more popular and mainstream than My Little pony is.

On the note of forums, Skial is not a MLP form. Ponychan is strictly a pony forum; everything on that forum is dedicated to ponies and pony related material. If you want a place to freely discuss MLP without being harassed, that would be the place to go. This is a subforum of Skial. This was created because people were tired of pony shit-posting on threads not related to MLP. Why do you think /mlp/ was made on 4chan? Same reason. People got tired of all the pony posts on /b/, so mods had to create a place where most of the fan's energy could be channeled in another place. It's true that it's not fair that we come here and make fun of you guys for liking MLP, but there still is pony shit-posting on other parts of Skial, so just staying on this subforum doesn't make you immune from criticism. It's "an eye for an eye" type of mentality that's going on. Somewhat immature, but it's what happens.

Also- this is the internet. just relax, man.

Perseus Dash Jackson

Epic Skial Regular
It's the second season. We've gone through one period of long time with no ponies and it's come back just as strong. We're going through another and I guaran-damn-tee you it will come back just as strong. It's not going to be forgotten. People still play a metric fuckton of Yu-Gi-Oh, by the way. And for the love of Celestia, do your research before you claim to say who it is or isn't aimed at.

There isn't pony shit-posting on other parts of skial, except perhaps Unmod but people shitpost everything there. I find it incredibly stupid that people expect to bash bronies in a subforum named "My Little Pony" and then expect people to not defend themselves. This subforum was created for a reason and I think that threads of this kind do not belong here, just as random posting of ponies don't belong mostly anywhere.

"This is the internet" isn't an excuse. Wake up. You are still communicating with actual people with actual feelings. The fact that it's supposedly faceless and anonymous changes quite little.

Reactions: Mewkin

Catswithtophats

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
It's the second season. We've gone through one period of long time with no ponies and it's come back just as strong. We're going through another and I guaran-damn-tee you it will come back just as strong. It's not going to be forgotten. People still play a metric fuckton of Yu-Gi-Oh, by the way. And for the love of Celestia, do your research before you claim to say who it is or isn't aimed at.

There isn't pony shit-posting on other parts of skial, except perhaps Unmod but people shitpost everything there. I find it incredibly stupid that people expect to bash bronies in a subforum named "My Little Pony" and then expect people to not defend themselves. This subforum was created for a reason and I think that threads of this kind do not belong here, just as random posting of ponies don't belong mostly anywhere.

"This is the internet" isn't an excuse. Wake up. You are still communicating with actual people with actual feelings. The fact that it's supposedly faceless and anonymous changes quite little.

Whatever kid, I tried.

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Everyone, calm the fuck down, and quit whining at each other.
1. Ponies are everywhere, so man up, and get used to it.
2. People who bash fans of the show just because of their interests/opinions make me sick. They have no right just to shit on someone for something they like.
3. For bronies who post ponies literally everywhere, just stop. It's just going to make problems worse, and you're gonna get shit on by the people in example 2.
4. For people who shitpost at non-bronies, simply because they don't like the show, piss off.

Reactions: mohawkg2
Status
Not open for further replies.