extaa

Gore-Spattered Heavy
So I reinstalled windows and nothing changed. I am able to list servers in tf2 now but not able to join them. Also, I have Atheros Killer Network manager that might be a problem, but its comes with the drivers for wlan.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So I reinstalled windows and nothing changed. I am able to list servers in tf2 now but not able to join them. Also, I have Atheros Killer Network manager that might be a problem, but its comes with the drivers for wlan.
Interesting. Check to see if there's an update for it? Also, do a search for "Atheros Killer Network Manager + Can't connect to multiplayer", I don't know if you'll find anything, but if you don't then stock configuration shouldn't be causing the problem.

Sidenote, what's the name of the laptop?

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It wasnt clear if you are using wireless to connect... do you have same problem with wireless and wired? sorry if this has been stated already.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It wasnt clear if you are using wireless to connect... do you have same problem with wireless and wired? sorry if this has been stated already.
The issues I saw relating to that NIC and laptop encompassed both wireless and wired, hopefully that update will solve the issue.

Was hoping he'd try it before I left, but it's been about an hour now. >.>

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It's just a waste of time. The only purpose of NIC is to send/receive packets - it's not intelligent enough to block/filter/inspect the packets. That's being said if he is able to post on this forum - everything is fine with his NIC. His issue is a filtering one. There is something blocking all the traffic on a certain ports (not even IP's).

extaa: can you take your laptop, go to some other place and connect to another network and try to connect to the server from there? $20 says he will be able to connect.

extaa

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Well, I checked for updates for that Killer Network driver as Oaky said, installed it and thank god I finally played tf2. Trying to play dayz now and going to install BF3 to check the same. Thanks everyone, and special thanks to Oaky, I ow you one, mate.
I will report as soon as I'll install BF3.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Oaky you rock. I still don't get though... This Killer Network stuff.. It's a software right? NIC software?

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Oaky you rock. I still don't get though... This Killer Network stuff.. It's a software right? NIC software?
I don't really understand what it's doing that's causing the issue either, just that it was a known one. Kinda funny that something that's supposed to "improve" your ping in games (arguably it's just qos, nothing special, probably doesn't really help that much) actually causes you to not be able to connect to games.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't really understand what it's doing that's causing the issue either, just that it was a known one. Kinda funny that something that's supposed to "improve" your ping in games (arguably it's just qos, nothing special, probably doesn't really help that much) actually causes you to not be able to connect to games.
So it's some kind of a booster... You know, the funniest part is that the price in post-USSR republics is ridiculously low.. My father pays for 50down/40up only $10/month... As far as I know (I might be wrong) extaa is from Litva/Lithuania... So his Internet should be good.. Why would you use boosters while having nice speeds?

sov

Legendary Skial King
I am not sure about drivers, since I can play BC2 online.
I also checked this http://canyouseeme.org/ and again 'Connection timed out' error.
I've checked msi website for drivers, and found that theres might be win8 64 requirement for those, but I've already installed them all without any issues and everything is okay (except this fucking connection ofc)
I am not sure if I am having the same problem as you but I cant play ever game fine except Bad Company 2. I can't recieve any servers and when I click play it just takes me to an empty server or with 1 person in. I am not sure if the game died or what but do you play with a lot of people in the game? All my games work fine so I thought it was dead until I saw that you can play BC2

extaa

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I can't recieve any servers and when I click play it just takes me to an empty server or with 1 person in. I am not sure if the game died or what but do you play with a lot of people in the game?
In what games you having those issues? Well, I wasn't able even to connect to any servers, and yes, I play with a lot of people in game, like 32 in TF2 and 64 in BF3, but this is now, when everything works fine. Again, with that issue I wasn't able to even connect.

sov

Legendary Skial King
In what games you having those issues? Well, I wasn't able even to connect to any servers, and yes, I play with a lot of people in game, like 32 in TF2 and 64 in BF3, but this is now, when everything works fine. Again, with that issue I wasn't able to even connect.
I am fine with all the games... I am just wondering how many people you play with in BFBC2? I am trying to see if I don't work in that game or if it just died.

extaa

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I am fine with all the games... I am just wondering how many people you play with in BFBC2? I am trying to see if I don't work in that game or if it just died.
Nah, still many people playing it. Try to check in-game sever filters. Otherwise problem is at your end.