extaa

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Well, I bought new laptop, which is preety expensive and has nice hard in it. I bought it without any OS installed on it. And istalled Win 7 x64 on my own. After that I installed Battlefield 3 and shit starts happen from here. Firstly I completed singleplayer without any issues with a great pleasure but then I realized that I can not connect any multiplayer server. At first I thought it was damn Shitorigin/battlelog problems, but I tried everything - reinstalling origin/game, updating drivers, even switching shit in my firewall. Nothing helped. I thought "ok well fuck you, dice" and installed my TF2. I've started game and my connections to servers always were failed with "connection" problem. "Connection failed after 4 retries". Same error as I had in Battlelog - EA manager was giving me "Could not join server".
And I installed Dayz Alpha - same shit. Can't join even 1 server and same connection problem. The only game I run in multiplyaer on this new laptop is Bad Company 2.
I've contacted EA support and they said that something is wrong with my switch machine, but fuck no, I was able to play TF2 with same internet provider and same switch.
So basically - I can not play any multiplayer game, and having same error while trying to between several games.
Any help, guys?

JarlyX

Epic Skial Regular
I had a problem with connecting to servers about a year ago and all I had to do was to switch off UPnP in my routers settings. They have probably pacthed it by now but you could still try it.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Sure nothing has changed with the router? Try disabling any firewall you have running.

extaa

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Sure nothing has changed with the router? Try disabling any firewall you have running.
Absolutely.
And just tried once more disabling my firewall. Same issue.
I had a problem with connecting to servers about a year ago and all I had to do was to switch off UPnP in my routers settings. They have probably pacthed it by now but you could still try it.
Problem is that big-ass router we have is working for half of the floor in my students hostel. And its locked in an iron box so one one have access to it. So I have no access to switch anything, including those UpnP things you talking abut. But I might be wrong here since I am dumb at this things.
EDIT: holy shit, excuse me for so many mistakes.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Have a friend or someone else that can try to join a server from their computer?

extaa

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Have a friend or someone else that can try to join a server from their computer?
Nah, but I can plug in internet wire in my previous laptop and run the games. Im 100% sure I will be able to connect to servers then.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I can't imagine what you could fuck up on a stock install to this extent. If the other computer is fine all I can recommend is to do a a total reinstall of the OS, make sure whatever source you're getting it from (if it's not legit) is totally vanilla (meaning no mods,themes,etc).

(This might seem a little harsh, but if you've not got all that much saved right now it's probably the easiest solution.)

๖ۣۜZaldarius

Gore-Spattered Heavy
What is he supposed to be checking for?
one would assume that it is set for DHCP and not static IP, will generally fuck a lot of things up. Now as to helping your issue, I have a small checklist for you
1) is your wireless on, (if running wireless) if not, is it a good ethernet cable that you are using, check the pins and make sure that they fully connect
2)(may sound obvious) but make sure that you installed drivers for your wireless/ethernet card inside the laptop, should be able to find the make/model number in the owners manual that came with your laptop
3)try to go into cmd and manually ping their servers, to see if you can establish a connection to it through any means, if you can good, if not, then you may have killed something in your install, or it may be you have MAC filtering on certain ports set on your router
4) try hard resetting your router, to see if that fixes your problems
5)if using wireless, try using wired connection (via cat 5 ethernet cable) could be a wireless issue
6)some system specs might be nice, make/model of the laptop (if stock) individual hardware pieces (if custom built)
7)if all else fails, wipe its ass and reinstall
8) if it still doesnt work after this, you probably have a damaged NIC

extaa

Gore-Spattered Heavy
1) checked the cable. Its okay, since Im posting this from current 'problematic' laptop.
4) have no access to do that
6)MSI GE60 0ND
I am not sure about drivers, since I can play BC2 online.
I also checked this http://canyouseeme.org/ and again 'Connection timed out' error.
I've checked msi website for drivers, and found that theres might be win8 64 requirement for those, but I've already installed them all without any issues and everything is okay (except this fucking connection ofc)

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
one would assume that it is set for DHCP and not static IP, will generally fuck a lot of things up. Now as to helping your issue, I have a small checklist for you
1) is your wireless on, (if running wireless) if not, is it a good ethernet cable that you are using, check the pins and make sure that they fully connect
2)(may sound obvious) but make sure that you installed drivers for your wireless/ethernet card inside the laptop, should be able to find the make/model number in the owners manual that came with your laptop
3)try to go into cmd and manually ping their servers, to see if you can establish a connection to it through any means, if you can good, if not, then you may have killed something in your install, or it may be you have MAC filtering on certain ports set on your router
4) try hard resetting your router, to see if that fixes your problems
5)if using wireless, try using wired connection (via cat 5 ethernet cable) could be a wireless issue
6)some system specs might be nice, make/model of the laptop (if stock) individual hardware pieces (if custom built)
7)if all else fails, wipe its ass and reinstall
8) if it still doesnt work after this, you probably have a damaged NIC

No, that wouldn't make sense at all, most of those steps don't either.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
To me it doesn't look like router/modem issue. Especially considering the fact that OP was able to connect to the servers before and nothing has changed on the router's side since. It looks like network filtering issue. I had been observing the exact same behavior once I installed PeerBlock. Are you sure you are not using any software of that type?

...even switching shit in my firewall...
What do you mean by that? Have you tried switching off all three firewalls (public/domain/private profiles)? Have you tried shutting down your AV software?

extaa

Gore-Spattered Heavy
To me it doesn't look like router/modem issue. Especially considering the fact that OP was able to connect to the servers before and nothing has changed on the router's side since. It looks like network filtering issue. I had been observing the exact same behavior once I installed PeerBlock. Are you sure you are not using any software of that type?

What do you mean by that? Have you tried switching off all three firewalls (public/domain/private profiles)? Have you tried shutting down your AV software?
Im sure Im not using any ip bocking software, I had only my windows and origin installed, so laptop was absolutely clear.
About firewall.
I have marks in both checkboxes in firewall domain/private and private profiles near game operations (strange fact - that BFBC2 which is running multiplayer okay have only one mark on public checkbox. Im trying to unmark one checkbox near hl2 process but after pressing ok and getting back theres another one hl2 process but with 2 marks.) Also tried switching off firewalls and AV soft.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Can you try telnetting to the server which you can't connect to? For instance, you can't connect to 2fort+ which has IP 67.202.71.66:27015, go to the command prompt and type:
Code:
telnet 67.202.71.66 27015

and let us know the result. Also, are you sure your ISP hasn't blacklisted the traffic to certain IPs?
Also, try running the following command using command line and then try to connect to TF2 server through Steam:
Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I already asked him to try it from another computer in the network, if another computer can access all that fine, it's unlikely to be a router issue. (Unless he needs to go though some whitelisting process)