Kael

TF2 Admin
Contributor
So I've had an idea on a (possible) new game mode as I haven't come across anything similar to it other than randomizer but that's still a bit different. It came to mind as I was running around trade as a huntsman sniper with giggle mittens (quite entertaining actually)

With my idea, you're able to build your own class out of any weapons and pre-existing classes (to a point)

I'm not sure what exactly it would require to create this form of game mode, but I figure it could be an interesting new game mode. Perhaps open a server that allows the full use of the /gimme command to any player?

Or weapons could either all be unlocked, or perhaps be bought through the store (or maybe just specific weapons or skins) to encourage further use of the store plugin.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Unlocking weapons with time played could be interesting. Would mean that people who are new to TF2 could spend some time in the server and try weapons for free.

+1

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
While this can cause chaos, I still wanna see it being tried out.

The store can allow users access to add skins, unusuals and killstreakers to their weapons.

+1

Reactions: Cream Tea

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
@Kael

This could obviously work in different ways, but I'm curious how you imagined it.

Would you choose a loadout and automatically be given it when you respawn?
Or would you pick individual weapons every time you die?

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
I’m pretty sure making your own class is just going to be like making a ffs bossy

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
If this works out well, I would like to see if it works when it's merged with other gamemodes like VS Saxton Hale as a seperate server.

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
If this works out well, I would like to see if it works when it's merged with other gamemodes like VS Saxton Hale as a seperate server.
This could also draw more players who know how to make ffs boss. I wish I could see the custom class. But I’m not going to complain about

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
can you fix my spelling on the post that i made about ffs boss's can you fix that. because i feel like a dumbme

Kael

TF2 Admin
Contributor
@Luke Well, the way I envision it is you would choose your class and then spawn, and then a menu would open (with a command like /classmenu or something, and you can then choose the loadout per slot using that. You could then save that loadout and whenever you die, you could type something like /Class1 to load it back up.

However, that may be more time consuming than it's worth, so it may just be preferable to link a list of weapon ID's and have the players use /gimme.