• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

MACMAN2003

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Whenever I taunt for a long period of time it suddenly stops and I can't taunt for about a minute and its really bugging me.

Kael

TF2 Admin
Contributor
As defib stated, most servers have a system to prevent excessive taunting and friendlying. You can, however, taunt as much and as long as you want on trade and idle servers.

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Bottiger

Administrator
We have a limit on excessive taunt times to prevent complaints about people being friendly. There's also a bug where if most of the people on the server are doing the Conga (or maybe some other taunt) everyone will crash. That's why we have restrictions on taunts.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
There's also a bug where if most of the people on the server are doing the Conga (or maybe some other taunt) everyone will crash.
I was going to say I was surprised Valve didn't fix that yet, but I'm more surprised that I thought Valve fixed that

Bottiger

Administrator
They might have fixed it by now, but I doubt it. The bug was already a year old before we added taunt restrictions. We have no way of testing whether or not they fixed it other than sacrificing our own servers.

They have also stopped responding to my emails. I sent them an email about being able to insta-cap with hacks several times since last month and have been ignored.

Vmaster

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
We have a limit on excessive taunt times to prevent complaints about people being friendly. There's also a bug where if most of the people on the server are doing the Conga (or maybe some other taunt) everyone will crash. That's why we have restrictions on taunts.
Death by Conga.