• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
I saw someone wearing an unusual last night and it displayed just fine. It might be limited to certain effects.

Nerd

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
This occured to me sometimes. What happens is the effect gets extended across the map so its flying in some random place. If you stand still, the effect will slowly go back to your hat.

Schrödinger's_Hat

Scarcely Lethal Noob
It seems to happen mostly to orbiting effects such as aces high, planets, fire, and tf logo. Uncheck change unusual height and respawn If you move the slider, it will glitch the effect client side but appear fine for others.

終末論的ハボック

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Contributor
It seems to happen mostly to orbiting effects such as aces high, planets, fire, and tf logo. Uncheck change unusual height and respawn If you move the slider, it will glitch the effect client side but appear fine for others.
I have it unchecked, but when I join a game and spawn in, it still doesn't show it. :( On the loadout screen it shows it way above me.

Ms. NightHawk

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Steams been having an awful amount of probles lately, Thats why some effects are not working, Also some paints are not showing up for people unfortuantly. Hopefully they can resolve this problem soon.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm pretty sure recording demos also fixes this issue, in console type "record blah" (blah can be changed to any word, doesn't matter) and then type stop, usually works for me.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
I'm pretty sure recording demos also fixes this issue, in console type "record blah" (blah can be changed to any word, doesn't matter) and then type stop, usually works for me.
Or ever quicker, do it all in a single batch: "record demofix; stop demo".

I dunno if it works for unusual display glitches since I automatically do it once I start seeing invisible / miscolored players, but it just might.

hydro ` #kea

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
One of my friends has had an issue seeing my unusual effects in servers as well, he usually just reconnects and has no issues after that.