Zappheus

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Now, I can't rocket jump high in the sky with my boots as a Soldier, and overall the new overlay looks foul and unpalatable.

Most individuals play on your servers for the higher rocket jump ability that the boots gives you (in your servers), and by changing and removing it, you are going to lose your player base.

More so than you lost it in the 5 years ago.

uppe-r

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
Agreed, together with about 2 others friends I talked with about this.
I really think the only positive thing is that you can now type "/resetq" and the points are reset immediately.

Also, it introduced a new bug where the donator "/dark" command effect is disabled after the round you enable it

MightyMoose

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
I've talked to people on the US servers and EU servers this morning and the general consensus was that they do not like this new update. Can we please go back to the old version? This version is pretty bad. Thanks!

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
I am not aware of the VSH Update, could someone PM me the changelog?

Now to the topic:
Hearing that the bigger Mantreads rocket jump got removed gave me a shock, I do this often in Military, Skyhigh and Urban Works.

I don't know anything else that changed, but reading through the replies, they are only negative changes.

+1
(Again, could someone PM me the changelog?)

Orthros

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
The old VSH was perfectly fine. This update basically turns you into Degree Gaming - and that isn't a good thing. Now I'll admit I like some things more in the newer version - I'm not a fan of all the mechanics of the old one either - but I still think the older one is much better. One thing in particular is the new way Medic works - as the guy that worked to get it changed, I'd much prefer the old one. In the new version, uber is way too powerful and you can't Quickfix jump, which makes the class weaker and much more linear and less fun to play.

Spy is much more powerful - too much if you ask me. With the update, you get ubered on backstab, and Kunai will overheal you to 400 health. As a Spy main, this feels so powerful that it really just isn't fun. I get 8000+ damage a round on Degree because of those stats. Spy is supposed to be a high risk high reward class, but the update basically removes all the risk from the class.

Also, the new model is trash. There, I said it.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I am not aware of the VSH Update, could someone PM me the changelog?

Now to the topic:
Hearing that the bigger Mantreads rocket jump got removed gave me a shock, I do this often in Military, Skyhigh and Urban Works.

I don't know anything else that changed, but reading through the replies, they are only negative changes.

+1
(Again, could someone PM me the changelog?)

I don't think there even is a changelog which is dumb I don't even know who made the update

sehcturc

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
I spent a year and a half almost playing here and I depend on the old mantreads as it's such a fun way to practice rocket jumping and just play. Soldier feels like an American eagle without wings now.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I spent a year and a half almost playing here and I depend on the old mantreads as it's such a fun way to practice rocket jumping and just play. Soldier feels like an American eagle without wings now.

Skial wants to kill itself apparently.

Sir Philip Herbert

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1

Agreed, they ruined the mode, after the community settled on an ‘anchored’ (stable) version.

My, and the community's message to the moderators, administrators & founder, is that:

‘Do not be like Valve, when they ruined the matchmaking procedure in their video game,
and made it almost impossible to connect to a server in a good time, and made it so
that people leave the match whenever it ends!’

Have a nice day!

Skull1

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Master Mapper
Why every one is making their own post about saxton hale just comment what do you think on one post...

Zappheus

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Why every one is making their own post about saxton hale just comment what do you think on one post...

I was the first to create a post regarding this matter. This is the first post made on this update, even before the post regarding the changes was released.

Reactions: Skull1