Opb

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Mapper
Which server i hope to have back: Jailbreak
Why?: The server was great fun for me and many of my friends, and now that its been down for so long ive got bored of other jailbreak servers but the skial version was my most popular version as it was both the best balanced and always smooth, the playerbase was mostly nice to play with but the main point is
I miss Skial Jailbreak and plase bring it back from the dead
What could be improved: I found the system the most balanced and fair, rules included

(Moved over from tf2 threads, if not closed please close it)

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Same thing as I replied on the wrong posted catagory one:

I do agree, Jailbreak was a great server!

The community went well with eachother, the rules we're actually balanced, giving all prisoners a chance to win (No hat days)
I don't know who's gonna handle the rules if Luke doesn't want to anymore though.

I really hope this will get accepted though, I think Jailbreak deserves a 2nd chance.

+1

Reactions: ck24

Blade D_Hero

Contributor

The amount of resources needed to run Jailbreak and the amount of players that actually fill the server are not at all equal. The rules for that one server were easily 5x as long as our server rules, and you basically NEED an admin on at all times in order to make sure the game runs smoothly. Otherwise, people get upset and leave.

Even when an admin is on, the player count is very low compared to other servers we could be running that don't require that level of moderation AND would bring in more players.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
The player count used to be fairly stable, and had a decent amount.

There wouldn't be any point in making a new one now however.

S_O_C_K_S

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Never played it. Heard it was fun thou. I joined a server...was there 1 min...moved the wrong way and was killed. Guess I should have read the rules.

After seeing the other posts here...

+0.5

Bottiger

Administrator
If you liked it then you should have tried to fill it instead of server hopping.

We already gave it several months to recover where it had an average of less than 1 player per day for several months.

Once a server loses it's daily player base (which took years to develop), it is past the point of no return to death.

Dead servers don't recover even when we've brought them back in the past. I don't see Jailbreak getting popular again, it is dying at other communities too.

We will probably be removing more servers by the end of summer.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
We will probably be removing more servers by the end of summer.

Cream Tea rated your post
0Tnkd4b.png
Sad in the thread Bring Back Jailbreak.

Bottiger

Administrator
We have opened Jailbreak one last time.

158.69.195.198:27018

If it doesn't work out by the end of summer, then we will probably close it again.

In an effort to make it succeed, we taken into account all the feedback on the server.

Admins promise to be more lenient, and the rules have been shortened all the way down to 3 again. Dead chat has also been removed.

Reactions: serbey

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
We have opened Jailbreak one last time.

158.69.195.198:27018

If it doesn't work out by the end of summer, then we will probably close it again.

In an effort to make it succeed, we taken into account all the feedback on the server.

Admins promise to be more lenient, and the rules have been shortened all the way down to 3 again. Dead chat has also been removed.
Thanks so much Bottiger ;)

Plants10000

Mildly Menacing Medic
While im happy that JB is back, i do have some complains about some of the recent changes.
1- Why is red not able to talk AT ALL? In other JB servers, RED is able to talk about 10/15 seconds into the round, but here its perma mute. Why is that?
2- Why was the ability to type in blu removed? This was great for everyone, and it even helped those with bad mics. Without it JB has lost its main feature and the thing that made it good: Not needing a mic.
3- Why does BLU have 100% crits? This, alongside problem #2, made JB better. With BLU not having 100% crits, it made the game balanced for both BLU and RED, but now the game is heavily in favour of not rebelling, and thus heavily in favour of BLU.

Again, i am happy JB is back. Thank you Bottiger, but i think fixing or flat out removing these things could help improve it or make it like it was before.
Heck, yesterday when it was just opened, these 3 problems werent there, and were only added today. I wish to either improve them or remove them.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
wow that is gay why do blu's have 100% crits that's the reason I play skial jb instead of other jb servers

:harpdarp:

Last edited:

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
I think that people used to like coming on due to the simplicity of the old plugin.
Hearing from the 8 people who are on the server they all mostly agree on the same thing. This new plugin doesn't seem that good.

Plants10000

Mildly Menacing Medic
wow that is gay why do blu's have 100% crits that's the reason I play skial jb instead of other jb servers

Agree. With these changes, Skial JB is now your generic, run of the mill Jailbreak. These changes removed what made Skial JB Unique and Balanced.
Heres how i would solve these
Problem #1: RED not being able to talk at all.
Either remove this completely, or add a "start of round mute", where the RED team is muted for, lets say, 20 seconds, so Warden can give orders properly without being interrupted, or re-add the ability for Warden to overtalk everyone else on the server.

Problem #2: Typing in BLU.
Simply re-add it. Dont really see much of a work around to this one other than enabling it back.

Problem #3: 100% Crits for BLU.
Remove it, or add a higher damage multiplier for BLU team. You could make the damage be 1.5x more than RED, but not full crit damage, as Crit damage doesnt have fall-off.