Status
Not open for further replies.

lpN

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This is huge considering blizzard agrees with valve after the shit storm they had over dota

Nacasius

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
Steam needs to make itself a nice stable Gaming OS, and i'd use the hell out of that over any Windows OS anyday.

Doctor Who

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Idiots. They spread FUD about Windows 8 because it could harm their income. Make a Steam client for Metro? No, let's just say stupid shit and hope people believe it.

Lies like this make me want to stab those two.

Steak

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
why make a client for metro windows already has one they'll just reuse the same one....

Doctor Who

Australian Skial God
Contributor
why make a client for metro windows already has one they'll just reuse the same one....
Because that means that their complaints have nothing to do with Windows itself and only the supposed threat the Store poses to their income. All they're saying is lies and FUD.

Steak

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
if the store as anything like it is for GFWL it really wont pose a threat

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Because that means that their complaints have nothing to do with Windows itself and only the supposed threat the Store poses to their income. All they're saying is lies and FUD.
MaximumPC hates Win8. MPC is usually all about MS products. Something is amiss with Win8.

Steak

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
i wonder if blizzards thoughts also mirrors EA's thoughts.... mind you if ea thinks windows 8 is bad maybe its worth going back to windows because we all know what they see as something good

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Blizzard might wanna shut the fuck up after what they've done to Diablo III.
Should Valve shut up as well then?
This is huge considering blizzard agrees with valve after the shit storm they had over dota
That was just their lawyers, I think both CEOs of respective company said they still respect each other.
I don't really see how the store will be competeting to Steam. At all.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
They're still important for the gaming market, if it turns out that Steam on Windows 8 does become troublesome then Microsoft is gonna have a bad time.
Just take a minute and think what would be easier for Valve to achieve: re-code the client for Windows 8, or code the client from scratch for *nix-based platforms? :D
That's why I consider Valve's crying to be nothing else but a stupid rant.

Steak

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
sadly they probably wouldnt need to start from scratch as mac is still mostly unix they can probably borrow alot of the code base from there?

Perseus Dash Jackson

Epic Skial Regular
Just take a minute and think what would be easier for Valve to achieve: re-code the client for Windows 8, or code the client from scratch for *nix-based platforms? :D

I think you're forgetting a very important thing. Gabe Newell WILL do this if Windows 8 is shitty, because he's GabeN.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
I agree with that would be easier, that's not my point though. I'm saying that gamers nor companies won't take Windows 8 seriously, so Microsoft has wasted money and time on an OS which will only be attractive to technologically-impaired families. Concept about phones, pads and computers sharing same OS is great, too bad they catered to pads and phones, industries that Google and Apple are basically ruling, instead of catering to computers which is the hometurf of Windows. It's the Google+ of Microsoft.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm saying that gamers nor companies won't take Windows 8 seriously
People were complaining and ranting about Windows Vista and Windows 7 as well. Where are we now?

220px-Wikimedia_OS_share_pie_chart.png

Status
Not open for further replies.