Lizard

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
I have two suggestions for improving the commands when betting:

1. Make it so that if a player types "!bet blue [credits]" it recognizes "blue" as BLU team.
2. Allow "!bet [credits] [team]" to be an acceptable format, i.e. putting credits before team. This mistake is incredibly common and a lot of bets are missed because of it.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I can sympathize a lot with #2. When I first tried the plugin I thought, "I want to bet 200 on BLU, so I'll type '!bet 200 blu'". Never the other way around.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
What if you can only bet on the team you are on, and we could remove the team parameter?
at the very least, it would prevent people from throwing the game for profit… at least until people get autobalanced midgame.

maybe Skial's autobalance could cancel the bets and refund the credits of those it switches

Bottiger

Administrator
at the very least, it would prevent people from throwing the game for profit… at least until people get autobalanced midgame.

maybe Skial's autobalance could cancel the bets and refund the credits of those it switches

People could purposefully cancel bets once they started losing by getting everyone on their team to leave though. It would ruin betting and kill the server.

Last edited:

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
People could purposefully cancel bets once they started losing by getting everyone on their team to leave though. It would ruin betting and kill the server.
in which case, wouldn't said losing players have to get players that are on the winning team to leave in order for them to get autobalanced?

Bottiger

Administrator
in which case, wouldn't said losing players have to get players that are on the winning team to leave in order for them to get autobalanced?

Well I thought you meant that all bets would be canceled if that happens.

You could still screw people over by having people on the winning team switched over to the losing team having their bets canceled.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
What if you can only bet on the team you are on, and we could remove the team parameter?

Not sure how Bottiger would feel about this.
tT4tqS2.png