Toxik

Contributor
I am planning on cancelling my TV services and relying mainly on Netflix and just streaming in general.
I've been using my Roku 3 to stream from my laptop to my TV, but it doesn't seem to be working anymore since the Windows 10 upgrade. It didn't work great back then either, the resolution was all fucked up.
What's the best way to stream stuff straight from my PC to the TV, besides running an HDMI cable across the room?

Toxik

Contributor
I kinda want to get a Chromecast, it'll be one less cable laying around, but from what I've heard from my sister's boyfriend it doesn't work amazingly.
An HDMI cable would be $5 vs the $40 Chromecast, especially since I already have a Roku 3, but dunno. Hard to choose :(

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I kinda want to get a Chromecast, it'll be one less cable laying around, but from what I've heard from my sister's boyfriend it doesn't work amazingly.
An HDMI cable would be $5 vs the $40 Chromecast, especially since I already have a Roku 3, but dunno. Hard to choose :(
The HDMI would definitely be more reliable.

Reactions: Toxik

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I used the one that's connected to my Wii U, but shit is too short, ordered a 9 footer on Amazon :D

LolIwish, I'm renting this place so I can't do shit to it, not even put screws in the walls :(
I had to order one of those for my Wii U also a while back. It is really fucking short.

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i mean if what you want is what im thinking then you should just get a hard drive, and fill it with shows and episodes, thats what we have here, its usually just connected to the TV full of movies and shows

Toxik

Contributor
i mean if what you want is what im thinking then you should just get a hard drive, and fill it with shows and episodes, thats what we have here, its usually just connected to the TV full of movies and shows
I do have one, but my Roku only reads MP4's and all my movies are in MKV

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
I just warned someone for shitposting on your profile, and you come shitpost on my thread? GG johnny
Also, that is obviously the first thing I did, I just wanted the community's opinion.

That is my opinion. And i am part of the community. Also, you're welcome kiddo.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I am planning on cancelling my TV services and relying mainly on Netflix and just streaming in general.
I've been using my Roku 3 to stream from my laptop to my TV, but it doesn't seem to be working anymore since the Windows 10 upgrade. It didn't work great back then either, the resolution was all fucked up.
What's the best way to stream stuff straight from my PC to the TV, besides running an HDMI cable across the room?
Plex. Nuff said.