Uncharitable Spy
Small, very small.

I've seen appeals where people pretend to be clueless about how they got banned by saying "Oh my IP got stolen" or "My cat did it" and I've seen people who offered their sincere apologies, asked for a way to compensate skial for the trouble they've caused and even after that they moved on when they were told no. Other people decided to screw up their appeals by saying that these servers are "shit", yet they are begging to get back in. IMO the ones who show regret and sincerity would deserve to work their way back to the servers.

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I've seen appeals where people pretend to be clueless about how they got banned by saying "Oh my IP got stolen" or "My cat did it" and I've seen people who offered their sincere apologies, asked for a way to compensate skial for the trouble they've caused and even after that they moved on when they were told no. Other people decided to screw up their appeals by saying that these servers are "shit", yet they are begging to get back in. IMO the ones who show regret and sincerity would deserve to work their way back to the servers.

The sincerity is fake, don't be dense.

Uncharitable Spy
The sincerity is fake, don't be dense.
Some are, some aren't, however it's unlikely a hacker would pay up, wait it out and get back to the servers just to be an ass. I'm aware it's teh internetz and 99,9% of the people lie.

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Some are, some aren't, however it's unlikely a hacker would pay up, wait it out and get back to the servers just to be an ass. I'm aware it's teh internetz and 99,9% of the people lie.

Well, you're welcome to your opinions however wrong they may be. GG

Uncharitable Spy
Well, you're welcome to your opinions however wrong they may be. GG
Same to you, referring to your post earlier, I'm not someone who got Ip banned for being a curious george, just someone voicing an opinion, even if it's an unpopular one. I wanted discussion, I got discussion, so GG man. Have a nice day.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Cheaters are permabanned, not ip-banned because thats not possible to follow up in such a game. (in league)
What?
UGC Highlander:
7.10 Punishment for Cheating - Players who are caught cheating in an official UGC match will be banned from the league for 1 year. When a player has been found guilty of cheating, the match that the dispute originated from will be overturned. The Anti-Cheat Team may also elect to review demos from prior matches that occurred within 2 weeks of the match that lead to the ban. If cheating is found to have taken place, those matches may also be overturned as well.

ETF2l:

6.2 Cheats are not allowed

Any kind of cheats are not permitted. Players who are found guilty of using cheats will be banned for 1 year from any ETF2L competitions. There is no appeal process for bans.

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
NtigJlc.jpg

Reactions: Gamer4605

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
WOW ITS ALMOST LIKE A COMMUNITY SERVER HAS HIGHER STANDARDS THAN TRYHARD COMP E-LEAGUE SERVERS.

Maybe that's specifically why people want to play on Skial. Hmmmmmm.

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Weird analogy,
What?
UGC Highlander:
7.10 Punishment for Cheating - Players who are caught cheating in an official UGC match will be banned from the league for 1 year. When a player has been found guilty of cheating, the match that the dispute originated from will be overturned. The Anti-Cheat Team may also elect to review demos from prior matches that occurred within 2 weeks of the match that lead to the ban. If cheating is found to have taken place, those matches may also be overturned as well.

ETF2l:

6.2 Cheats are not allowed

Any kind of cheats are not permitted. Players who are found guilty of using cheats will be banned for 1 year from any ETF2L competitions. There is no appeal process for bans.
mb thought you were talking about league of legends, i guess i'm addicted.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
WOW ITS ALMOST LIKE A COMMUNITY SERVER HAS HIGHER STANDARDS THAN TRYHARD COMP E-LEAGUE SERVERS.

Maybe that's specifically why people want to play on Skial. Hmmmmmm.
It's a massive assumption you're making by saying that people return to cheating in leagues after being banned. I'd like to see some evidence stronger than a crudely made meme to support your supposition.

Bottiger

Administrator
unlikely a hacker would pay up, wait it out and get back to the servers just to be an ass

Of course not. But chances are high that they were an ass until they realized that their actions would have consequences and that they couldn't just jump to another community server now that most of them are dead except for us.

We would be telling everyone that was currently bored with TF2 that they can hack on our servers until they get caught, and then get back in 1 year later when they aren't bored with TF2 anymore. Which is the exact attitude that many of these appeals have. They are also very likely to re-offend especially when they get "bored" of TF2 again.

If you wanted to hack, then you shouldn't have done it on our servers. We need to maintain the reputation of being as cheat free as possible.

thebosstre

Uncharitable Spy
(TO BE FAIR!!! REMEMBER THAT!!!!.) Just because someone was using hacks you guys should NOT BAN the IP. Because if its a dorms or just the houses IT could be only one person not everyone in the house just because someone's brother used hack does not mean you guys should ban the IP then it would be unfair. I have read the appeals some of them are their friend or brothers that was on their wifi of it

Pansmith

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Master Mapper
(TO BE FAIR!!! REMEMBER THAT!!!!.) Just because someone was using hacks you guys should NOT BAN the IP. Because if its a dorms or just the houses IT could be only one person not everyone in the house just because someone's brother used hack does not mean you guys should ban the IP then it would be unfair. I have read the appeals some of them are their friend or brothers that was on their wifi of it
a4uo7WF.gif

Feral Angel

TF2 Admin
Contributor

If I could I’d slap some sense to you across the screen

Uncharitable Spy
Of course not. But chances are high that they were an ass until they realized that their actions would have consequences and that they couldn't just jump to another community server now that most of them are dead except for us.

We would be telling everyone that was currently bored with TF2 that they can hack on our servers until they get caught, and then get back in 1 year later when they aren't bored with TF2 anymore. Which is the exact attitude that many of these appeals have. They are also very likely to re-offend especially when they get "bored" of TF2 again.

If you wanted to hack, then you shouldn't have done it on our servers. We need to maintain the reputation of being as cheat free as possible.

Aye this point is fair, also I think the fact that skial is the last standing pub server is also the biggest reason why people want to hack, since It's nice for some people to shit on others that aren't cheating. Also I've seen the attitude in the appeals you refer to and it is disgusting. I think scam appeals are the best examples of this: "Hey dudes, yous guys collaborate with steamrep, I can't trade, I want to appeal, also I'm not sorry for my actions, plz untag me". My best argument for the people getting bored part would have been "Oh they download the two most commonly known programs, or some other crappy free program that doesn't work and installs a keylogger on their computers", but I know there are rich bungholes that take 50 bucks out of their parent's card to buy a piece of code. You tried giving people a chance, and I'm glad for that, but until the day VAC starts working like it should or the day SMAC will be updated by the community to detect any piece of malicious code, cheaters can't get their second chance. Thanks for clarifying, helped me further understand the issue.

Uncharitable Spy
I wish you guys had the resources to catch a cheater and instead of them connecting to skial's servers you'd reroute them to a server filled with other cheaters, just to get them to taste their own medicine. 16 snipers on each side landing every 4th shot, would be annoying *Shudders*.