Keres

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I like using the beggars in FF2 because of it's incredible versatility with it's 20% reload buff and 100% ammo capacity buff (And also I know how to overload jump) But in VSH, the beggars is incredibly lethargic to use because of it's buffs intended niche, which is direct-hits. Tons of people who play soldier on VSH do not ever play this way. Most normally go for market gardens and stomps. The new buff is intended to both make the gunboats more powerful and also make the beggars more enjoyable to play on VSH

From my view, FF2 is a somewhat watered-down version of VSH with less-powerful buffs and less powerful bosses. So having the FF2 version of a VSH item be much more powerful than the VSH item makes absolutely zero sense.
Beggars stats:
20% reload buff (To make it on par with the FF2 beggars)
-10% damage penalty (Same as FF2)
-10% Self blast-damage (this will stack with gunboats)
+50% ammo capacity buff (This will stack with gunboats to make it on par with the FF2 beggars' ammo in terms of stats)

The gunboats buffs
50% ammo capacity buff (This is to make it on par with the banners in utility)
-60% Self-blast damage buff (Same as stock)

• Dumb
Reactions: Iris Ⓐ

Heliamo

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
personally i dont play on ff2 but -10% dmg penalty is kinda not that great for stat since mostly freaks in the gamemode just 1 shot you right away

Feral Angel

TF2 Admin
Contributor
IMO I don’t see reason to buff it in VSH. It’s Beggers is actually really powerful if you learn to use it right. I’ve seen certain players who use the beggars a lot. It just takes practice that’s all.

I don’t main solly , but I do tend to play MG solly time to time. the gunboats, I think they are completely fine how they are right now. No reason to give them a buff. You don’t take much damage when rocket jumping like you do with the mantreads. If we buff the gunboats, we may have the MG nerfed again, the manntreads were the reason they were nerfed. After bottiger changed the mantreads, we got MG buffed up.