Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
it is HORRIBLY overpowered.
silent kill, extinguish yourself from flames from a pyro. give a spy the enforcer,spycicle, and the deadringer and you got a completely overpowered spy
edit: yes i know its easy to kill enforcer spies BUT having all those weapons together makes you pretty much you an offensive class, which the spy shouldnt be

Osprey

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
it is HORRIBLY overpowered.
silent kill, extinguish yourself from flames from a pyro. give a spy the enforcer,spycicle, and the deadringer and you got a completely overpowered spy
edit: yes i know its easy to kill enforcer spies BUT having all those weapons together makes you pretty much you an offensive class, which the spy shouldnt be

Awesome video, scary weapon.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I just dont understand valve thinks this was a fair weapon to release.
it can ruin the fun for new players who are just starting and wondering what the hell happened, or how did that spy extinguish himself.

Osprey

Contributor
I just dont understand valve thinks this was a fair weapon to release.
it can ruin the fun for new players who are just starting and wondering what the hell happened, or how did that spy extinguish himself.

After watching this, I shouldn't have traded mine. This would've been a good opportunity for me to learn to spy :D

Reactions: Doki

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Wow. This was really interesting to watch. This weapon is ridiculous. I won't care, since I use milk to spy check, but--- JESUS CHRIST, just saw the 4 chainstab.

I am extremely against this weapon being around until it is nerfed, but... We can't. People who like using the new weapons won't play on our servers. We can't delete it, especially if it doesn't disrupt the server.

Christ, this is messed up...

This weapon, as Ruelel said, is legitimately game-breaking for newer players.
There are zero downsides, basically. It's pathetic to watch someone doing mediocre spy-work killing absolutely everyone because of some bullshit weapon.

Reactions: Doki

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Almost forgot: +1

This is game-breaking and disruptive. We have to decide whether it's better to lose a few fags who play spy and insist on using the new weapon, or maintaining the newer players who join our servers.

Reactions: wokmage

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The silent kills are balanced by leaving a visual sign that you were there rather than audio, that also gives away EXACTLY where you were rather than having the other team "guess" by where they heard the backstab.
The time that the spy is fireproof is shitty because you have fifteen seconds without a knife. That is a BIG setback.
I think a lot of people dislike it because they will have to re-learn spy killing tactics and not just leave it up to pyros.

Also, a couple seconds of being fireproof isn't going to stop a good pyro from airblasting a spy with this into a corner and taking him down there.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The silent kills are balanced by leaving a visual sign that you were there rather than audio, that also gives away EXACTLY where you were rather than having the other team "guess" by wear they heard the backstab.
The time that the spy is fireproof is shitty because you have fifteen seconds without a knife. That is a BIG setback.
I think a lot of people dislike it because they will have to re-learn spy killing tactics and not just leave it up to pyros.
And with Dead Ringers? Your team shouldn't be relying on your SCOUTS AND SNIPERS for being your main spy checkers. And that's IF they're using Milk or Jarate.

The silent kill isn't balanced. As the guy in the video pointed out, the entire reason for the YER is for the silent backstabs, and you give up the ability to disguise with that. How is this one fair? An ice statuette of a character won't help the person in front of them at all.

With the Dead Ringer and Enforcer, the spy can literally kill anyone and get away with it, not utilizing even a second of thinking.

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Maybe its cons should be less fire resistance or less health instead of the melting thing.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
There's absolutely no way it won't get nerfed in a couple of days.

Osprey

Contributor
How is this one fair? An ice statuette of a character won't help the person in front of them at all.

THIS. You can't see behind you. I'm mostly relying on sound to figure out what's going on behind me...

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
With the Dead Ringer and Enforcer, the spy can literally kill anyone and get away with it, not utilizing even a second of thinking.

I agree that it encourages bad spies! Or lazy spies, rather. I suppose it does need to have a little more setback. Maybe there should be negatives for using a DR/Enforcer/Spycicle all together? Sort of a set nerf..?

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
That guy's voice reminds me of one of the best spy players, but he stopped making videos about a year ago.

and whoever said that was mediocre spy work is wrong, not every spy can go into the game and play as well as the person in the video.

Also, buying spycicle.

Reactions: Osprey
D

DeadHerald

Like all spy weapons, the spy-cicle is only as good as the spy who uses it. The extinguish is only good for two seconds. It won't save you if you aren't able to shake the pyro who is hosing you down with his flamethrower. As Anya pointed out, the ice statue is a dead giveaway(npi) that a spy is present. It isn't like YER where no ragdoll is generated and the victim has to scream into the mic that he was just backstabbed. That being said, it is a handy little gadget. But I fail to see how it is foolproof in keeping the spy alive. Especially on maps like dustbowl where there isn't much room for spies to maneuver. And a failspy with a spy-cicle is still going to be a failspy.

Also keep in mind that Spy is Gabe's favorite class, and as such has never been nerfed once since release. But even this is balanced by the fact that spy is the most difficult class to learn and play effectively.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
That guy's voice reminds me of one of the best spy players, but he stopped making videos about a year ago.

and whoever said that was mediocre spy work is wrong, not every spy can go into the game and play as well as the person in the video.

Also, buying spycicle.
Shadurrr, using a cloak, grabbing ammo, decloaking behind idiots. MLG

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Like all spy weapons, the spy-cicle is only as good as the spy who uses it. The extinguish is only good for two seconds. It won't save you if you aren't able to shake the pyro who is hosing you down with his flamethrower. As Anya pointed out, the ice statue is a dead giveaway(npi) that a spy is present. It isn't like YER where no ragdoll is generated and the victim has to scream into the mic that he was just backstabbed. That being said, it is a handy little gadget. But I fail to see how it is foolproof in keeping the spy alive. Especially on maps like dustbowl where there isn't much room for spies to maneuver. And a failspy with a spy-cicle is still going to be a failspy.

Also keep in mind that Spy is Gabe's favorite class, and as such has never been nerfed once since release. But even this is balanced by the fact that spy is the most difficult class to learn and play effectively.
That is bullshit. I think you missed the part of the video where the pyro lit the cloaked spy, and the spy was immune to fire. There was no way for the pyro to know he hit him even once.

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
On a small note: If you put the "-dxlevel 81" under launch options, you can see the ragdolls left behind by YER spies.

Status
Not open for further replies.