• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
With all of the major changes and additions (Primarily the boss) coming with Awesomebox30, I felt the need to post a public changelog. Primarily for feedback. Awesomebox29 brings bug fixes and balance tweaks, essentially awesomebox30 without the boss until bugs with the boss AI are ironed out. The bossroom remains intact, but all teleports are rerouted and internal logic is disabled.
  • General
    • Changed the map's skybox switching method, now relying on skybox_swapper instead of func_brushes with skybox textures applied.
    • Changed the map's primary skyboxes to sky_trainyard_01 and night_mountain for daytime and nightime.
    • Slightly modified light environment to suit new skyboxes.
  • Invisible Path & Skybox
    • Restored invisible path leading up from the tractor level up to the main path.
    • Fixed Skybox's wall brushes being majorly misaligned and extending beyond their intended area.
    • Modified Skybox layout slightly.
    • Fixed Rick May's statue clipping in the wall.
    • Fixed Red's shortcut to skybox being enabled before any team captured the center control point, in which doing so created the intended behavior.
    • Moved skybox shortcut teleports to above spawn, directly above the corresponding team's spawnroom. Idle farmers can farm without fear of random teleports now.
  • Spawn
    • Increased center control point capture time to 30 seconds and, on capture, disables for 4 minutes.
    • (Awesomebox29 Only) Decreased spawn time for skybox shortcuts to 15 seconds from 30 seconds.
    • Only the team that captured the center control point can now take the skybox shortcut.
    • Minor adjustments to lighting props.
    • Minor lighting additions.
  • Secrets
    • Fixed the secret teleport to the 3D Box being too deep inside a collision model to trigger most of the time.
      • Made secret teleport a bit more difficult to reach.
Boss (Awesomebox30 only)
  • Capture the center control point, enter the skybox teleport shortcut (Refer to changelog above, now referred to as bossroom teleport) and you will be teleported to the bossroom's staging area.
  • Only players of the team that captured the center control point can enter the bossroom teleport. The more players available to fight the boss the better, try to make it a team effort.
  • Once the teleports disappear, the center capture point cannot be recaptured for 4 minutes, be ready to charge in when the teleport is active!
  • The staging area's design resembles spawn, but is more open. Go down below to the boss room and pass the yellow hazard tape to start capturing the boss's control point and spawn the boss.
  • For as long as no player surpasses the yellow hazard tape, the boss will not spawn. Use this to your advantage and give Engineers time to build and Medics time to build uber if they did not come prepared.
  • Engineers are restricted from building teleporters, but everything else in his arsenal is allowed.
  • Capture Zone is marked by the yellow hazard tape marking the floor, the ground inside the marking tape is the capture zone. Not on top of the marking tape or outside of it.
  • Try to remain in the capture zone while you fight the boss! When the boss's control point is captured (90 seconds), the teleport to skybox will appear in the spot where the boss spawned. Run to it quickly! It won't stay there forever (30 seconds)
  • If you miss the skybox teleport and are somehow still alive, another teleport will open up taking you to your team's side of the surf ramp.
  • If you somehow miss both teleports, better luck next time!
  • If you take too long fighting the boss to capture the control point and are still alive, a second boss may spawn in to ruin your fun.
  • The staging area remains open during the boss fight and has 2 kits of medium health/ammo kits. There are 2 kits of medium health/ammo kits in the boss room and a full health/ammo kit near the boss's spawn point.

gala

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Thank you for providing a detailed changelog of the upcoming updates and changes to the map, it is very much appreciated. We understand the importance of feedback in the development process and are glad to see that you are trying to be transparent with the community.
It's great to hear that you are making an effort to improve the map's skybox switching method, and the new skyboxes look interesting. I also like the idea of tweaking the light environment to better suit the new skyboxes.
I also appreciate the efforts to fix bugs and balance issues, and the changes to the invisible path and skybox look promising, especially the restoration of the invisible path and fixing the skybox's wall brushes.
I also like the idea of increasing the center control point capture time and disabling it for 4 minutes after capture, it will make the game more challenging and engaging.
The new boss feature sounds exciting, and it's great to see that you are trying to make it a team effort, and the restriction on engineers building teleporters is a nice touch. The idea of the yellow hazard tape as a capture zone is also an interesting concept.
Overall, the changelog looks great, and I'm looking forward to trying out the new updates. Keep up the good work!

MarshHag

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Boss fight feature sounds dope. What Boss will it be? Is it going to be like a beefed up version of HHH or Monoculus, or is it gonna be like a VSH/FF2 or ZE type of boss?

Last edited:

MarshHag

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Are we still going to get the boss battle mode on idle? I had forgotten that the arena for it is on the map, but it’s only accessible if you RTD for noclip/flying. I was just curious since the closest thing we have for a boss fight on idle is if an admin comes and spawns in the admin version of HHH or Monoculus and I really like fighting the admin versions alot

Last edited: