• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Spoiler

Mildly Menacing Medic
Was wondering if auto balancing uses rank? And what happens if you are un-ranked. Can one see their points via the web when unranked?

And how much inactivity is needed to get unranked? As well as what does it take to get re-ranked?

I am currently unranked, but have played recently. So just curious if autobalance treats me different when unranked?

S_O_C_K_S

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
I agree, yet I did not say I was worried, so back to the original questions.
I guess I'm wondering why you would care about being ranked if you barely play? Or don't play at all. Normally a question like this would come from a hardcore Skial member. However they would be on much much more. So the borderline ranked or not is confusing.
I work in sales. If a customer called in and asked questions like this I would think they was going to be a buyer (donate) or they was competition. Am I reading this right? I'm asking because your questions refer to a super new player on the servers. I'm not an admin...just came across this post and thought it was a weird question.

Spoiler

Mildly Menacing Medic
Sure, I will explain the trivia that let to my question.
While browsing the Skial Help page I came across:
“We have a custom rating/ranking system based on state of the art research and extensively modified for TF2.” … “We use it to ensure teams are as balanced as possible by integrating it into our team scrambling plugin.”
When I go to the stat page I am un-ranked, and therefore it won’t show me any points.
So, I was curious whether the balance system will see me as a noob and therefore makes an incorrect assumption on how to balance me.

It also leads to the question as to why I am unranked, I played a lot over the past weekend.
So, I am “curious” as to how inactivity is determined. And how much activity is sufficient for reranking.

I am curious, that is all. Not complaining or trying to change anything.
This seemed to be the appropriate place to ask the question.

btw, I'm good with the auto-balance, I think it does a good job.