• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

idaeanat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
It's been almost 5 years since I started playing tf2 and although I've never stopped liking the game, the dwindling userbase and other games have taken over, not to mention I don't have as much time to game as I did when I was 13. What about you guys? And what do you see for the future of the game?

Reactions: T-Wayne

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
It wouldn't be possible for me to play as much as I did in 2012. But that's fine by me since I racked up a degenerate amount of hours. TF2 is one of the only multiplayer games that doesn't give me headaches and doesn't get old, so it hasn't been replaced with another game. If/when Skial closes its last server I might stop playing viddygames altogether.

Whip_Cactus

Truly Feared Pyro
I am far more active than I was five years ago (I wasn't playing five years ago). As for future, imo, as long as the community lives, the game will live.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
No, 5 years ago I was playing at UGC steel level and was probably doing about 8 hours a day. Now I'm lucky to get 8 hours a month in.

Vega

Banned
Contributor
Back then, I put in an absurd amount of hours hopping from server to server, playing the game constantly, obsessing about hats and accessories, etc.

Hmm, no, definitely not as active. I cannot play this game for hours a day, every day anymore, because of age and general interest. The game has changed but at the core it's the same thing, still got the same people, the same amount of people as well, and I'm not saying that in a bad way. That's good. It'll keep going and going.

When there's a case of boredom or something, TF2 is one of those games I can return to, for however long I need it. This community in particular is one of the reasons why TF2 is a game I can still play. I've been on so many 2fort servers hosted by communities that have dug themselves into the ground as years go by. If this wasn't here, I'd be inactive because the rest of the ones I've been a part of so far.. are kaput.

Last edited:

иιgнт вℓα∂є

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Back then, I put in an absurd amount of hours hopping from server to server, playing the game constantly, obsessing about hats and accessories, etc.

Hmm, no, definitely not as active. I cannot play this game for hours a day, every day anymore, because of age and general interest. The game has changed but at the core it's the same thing, still got the same people, the same amount of people as well, and I'm not saying that in a bad way. That's good. It'll keep going and going.

When there's a case of boredom or something, TF2 is one of those games I can return to, for however long I need it. This community in particular is one of the reasons why TF2 is a game I can still play. I've been on so many 2fort servers hosted by communities that have dug themselves into the ground as years go by. If this wasn't here, I'd be inactive because the rest of the ones I've been a part of so far.. are kaput.

That's it in a nutshell, if it wasn't for Skial I would of given up TF2 years ago, I play less than I did 5 years ago but that has to do with other games I'm enjoying right now (CIV6, MvC3).

AfireAzuaki

Epic Skial Regular
nope. I hardly get on nowadays and the only reason is to play with some friends. I got sucked into other games such as Dota2, Overwatch, and POE

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
five years ago i wasnt in college, therefore i was much more active

now a days, i have no time to be active

-[FF]- WATERMELONS10@trade.tf

Scarcely Lethal Noob
It's been almost 5 years since I started playing tf2 and although I've never stopped liking the game, the dwindling userbase and other games have taken over, not to mention I don't have as much time to game as I did when I was 13. What about you guys? And what do you see for the future of the game?
I wouldn't say the userbase is "dwindling". TF2 still has a pretty dedicated fan crowd.