• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

zacatecnik

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
Hi,

I've noticed my account has been banned this morning and have no idea why? I regularly play on TF2 deathrun servers both EU and US 1 and US 2 (more than 200+ hours played there).

I love your servers so please address my ban. I know you state that 'don't know' is not an answer and I would love to give you one but I really don't have one. Did someone fake report my account?..

Thank you, appreciate it!
zacatecnik​

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
You connected with an IP registered to the Czech ISP O2 which had already been banned because a hacker used it one month ago.

What is your internet situation like? I saw at least one instance of a T-Mobile IP which must have been you tethering, but most of your connections are from O2.

zacatecnik

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I reside in two places, one wifi is provided by t-mobile and one by o2.

Let me know if you need to know more. This is frustrating as I need to ask for forgiveness here for something I haven't caused. Other TF servers do not have an issue, check my TF history if you can.

Thank you for looking into this.
zaca

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
The DHCP leases from O2 have been getting shorter for some reason. Seems like every 24 hours.

It's obvious you aren't related to the original banned account but there is no way to disassociate the IP with the original ban. When you have a public IP that isn't 194.228.32.64 let me know in this thread and I will unban you. The simplest way to do this is googling "what is my ip".

zacatecnik

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Thank you! So it's o2 that's doing it..hm...

I guess using VPN would be more likely to be associated with a banned IP...

I will ask you when my IP address is changed again. Let's hope it will not keep happening. I love your servers!

Thank you,
zaca

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
I guess using VPN would be more likely to be associated with a banned IP...
Free VPNs: near 100% chance of being linked IP banned (if not immediately blocked as a proxy)
Paid VPNs: still about the same -- if not worse -- odds as sticking with an ISP that gives you a new IP each day

Your ISP may offer static IPs, but the likelihood of being banned twice this way is pretty low, anyway.