• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

waste of my time

Unremarkable User
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
I keep getting auto-kicked and temp banned for "proxy address" and every time it says to appeal here. I play with a LTE mobile router that works just fine on every other TF2 server, and fine with every other online game I play.

Your server message specifically said to appeal the auto-kick here but I didn't see a separate section for that, so I hope this ban appeal section will be acceptable. Thanks in advance for your competent and proactive help with resolving this issue so it does not happen again.

Player ;
Boop ur face
Steam ID [U:1:51278109]
Steam2 STEAM_0:1:25639054
Steam Community 76561198011543837
IP address 70.199.149.81
Invoked on 07-16-17 17:09
Banlength 10 min
Expires on 07-16-17 17:19
Reason Proxy IP
Banned by Admin CONSOLE
Banned from Web Ban
Total Bans (search)

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper
https://www.skial.com/threads/why-am-i-banned-for-proxy-ip.37223/
We give 10 minute bans for proxies and some small ISPs widely used by hackers to bypass IP bans.

You can be exempt from this if you fit the following criteria.
  • Have more than 0 minutes played in the past 2 weeks as shown on your steamcommunity.com profile.
  • Have 10+ hours played on any game as shown on your steamcommunity.com profile.
  • Have a public profile so we can check how many hours you've played.
  • But if a hacker was already banned on this IP you will be permanently banned regardless of these exceptions.

Your steam profile is private, so you don't pass the criteria. You need to make it public.

waste of my time

Unremarkable User
how is that relevant, just do an IP assessment, and then exempt me from whatever terribly coded filter that's causing the issue.... Can I speak to someone who understands the internet pls?

ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
how is that relevant
You will know how it's relevant if you read the rules quoted above.

just do an IP assessment, and then exempt me from whatever terribly coded filter that's causing the issue.... Can I speak to someone who understands the internet pls?
Talking like that sure won't help you any.

Your IP is a Verizon IP so I'll just leave you with this.

Unfortunately we have had a lot of problems with hackers using Verizon Wireless by tethering and getting a new IP simply by power cycling their phone to avoid ip bans.

If Verizon Wireless is your only choice, then I would recommend setting up your own vpn for private use.

You may think this is "exceedingly agressive" but we used to have people making 20 alt accounts a day like this to bypass bans, and very few people have complained or use wireless as their main internet connection.

waste of my time

Unremarkable User
LOL well I see my username was well chosen... Your mods/admins got so mad at someone making them face how powerless and insignificant they are that you banned all wireless provider IP's.....
The fact that you and no other server does this is telling all by itself, but it still needs saying that the logic behind it is ridiculous and indicative of the silly kids running skial needing to feel like they aren't completely insignificant.
I mean my god, the IP ban is secondary to the account ban which would mean having to re-create a new steam account and then go though reelecting all your preferences and settings... THAT'S the prohibitive part....

Besides anyone with a remedial reading level and the ability to google can easily reset the IP address of ANY router, I do it all the time. So your feeble and desperate attempt to get back at the likely single individual who made you feel foolish, only achieved losing players on your ( already dwindling, and few remaining) servers.

I know it must suck now with TF2 dying and your severs going belly up, you kids who thought you could build something and become someone who matters with a few game servers and a message board , now find yourselves at the brink of total failure , it makes sense you'd lash out with mindless self destructive trivial actions. So I don't blame you, I got the answer I came looking for, it's just more sad than I'd have guesses. I'll play on the plenty of better servers that still exist

Sakiko

Contributor
If you have army of lemmings running through your front door and upset your family and everyone, would you not close the front door and lock it?.

You should blame the provider for having inferior rules regarding its network and it would not be a source for those to hide behind. Which brings me to your profile, All you have to do is make it public then you can play here i am sure you can google how to do this if you need help

As for TF2 Dying it affects you too buddy, How does it feel to have the game you cleary from the post and being so upset about also dying as well soon you be left to valve servers, we will see you when those other servers die too but have great fun on them.