• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

thyme

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
I've submitted an appeal before, and I was unbanned and the thread was deleted. However, I tried to connect to a Skial server yesterday and it still showed that I was banned. I recently opened my email to see a reply on my original thread, saying:

OK. Humor me. What school is this IP connected to then? The first ~7 accounts banned in that week period in 2017 are all the same person. Then there was someone last month who was banned, and, interestingly enough, they list their location as Michigan, just like you.

I was unable to respond since the thread was deleted, but I can reply here. I'm not sure how private these threads are but this IP is for [private info removed], a small charter school in [private info removed], Michigan. For even more proof, I linked a screenshot showing my IP while connected to the WiFi. Someone listing their location as Michigan also doesn't really mean much, especially since it's a school in Michigan like I said. Michigan is a big place; not everyone in it is a cheater--the same goes for a school IP address. Once again, I have been playing TF2 since 2015, you can check that yourselves; I am not an alternate account.​

Last edited by a moderator:

harrylerman

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I remember your thread, and also thought it odd that it was deleted. Unfortunately, Skial's ban policy sometimes results in cases such as yours; for example, inside of a week of your ban, another entire university ip network was banned here:

https://www.skial.com/threads/appeal-dion.79067/

You seem to be in the same boat, anyone who connects from your school network is simply banned on skial. Best of luck.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm the one who wrote that previous reply, but I didn't delete the thread, so I can't say what happened to it. Imo, your data checks out. You're unbanned, but we cannot help if you choose to play while connected to your school wifi again.

thyme

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I'll make sure I don't connect from the network again. I'm not sure what your policy is on this, but do you mind deleting this thread and my account on the sourcebans list even though I'm already unbanned? I don't want this showing up in my history.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'll make sure I don't connect from the network again. I'm not sure what your policy is on this, but do you mind deleting this thread and my account on the sourcebans list even though I'm already unbanned? I don't want this showing up in my history.
Can not do, sorry. Best wishes.