1. If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Invalid Appeal: Thanos

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Thanos, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Thanos

Thanos Scarcely Lethal Noob

Steam:

Link to your ban or your com block:
    Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
    As you can see my name is thanos so i made a bind that says
    mr. Stark i dont feel so good" for a time when i slap somebody to death. anyways i killed a dude named duck and he got offended and started a vote. some people said they just clicked yes for no reason so those people even think it was spam i feel that i should be unmuted for this unfair gag​

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Luke

Luke Trade Moderator Contributor

Steam:

It sounds like people took what you were doing to be spam - and muted you.

I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to use votemenu for that.

Would you mind explaining this?

• Confusing Confusing x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  3. Sargent¥

Sargent¥ Trade Moderator Contributor

Steam:

Are we revisiting this Luke? There are extremely reasonable time lengths between each message, that's not spam.

Based on these logs, duck called a vote on you for spam, do you have a recording of you playing around that time too confirm there was no Micspam?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luke

Steam:

I'm more noting the fact that he's advertising hacks...?

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  5. Sargent¥

Steam:

He's saying "DON'T GET IT", that's advertising?

6. Luke

Steam:

Absolutely, he's still mentioning the hack, informing people about it.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sargent¥

Steam:

So is all discussion of lmaobox advertising it? I'd consider this devaluation, not advertisement. In pure definition, advertising is a notice or announcement in a public medium promoting a product, service, or event or publicizing a job vacancy. He is not doing that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Luke

Steam:

Promotion does not have to be positive, it can simply aim to inform people about something they do not know about.

If people are constantly talking about lmaobox (or further, have a bind mentioning it) - then they should be warned, yes.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  9. Sargent¥

Steam:

No, that's not true at all. Let's go by pure definition of promotion then: Activity that supports or provides active encouragement for the furtherance of a cause, venture, or aim. He's literally saying don't use it, that's not active encouragement, that's active discouragement. Sure, you can tell to be careful around the matter as advertising it is against the rules but you can't warn him for talking about lmaobox.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Luke

Steam:

Bottiger has already said it's an advertisement - and therefore it is against the rules.

Don't remove bans when you have no authority to overrule what he has already made clear.

11. Thanos

Steam:

oh wow sorry i didnt see all of these but the lmao box thing is just a thing i have for when i get killed by a sniper when they get a pretty good shot on me

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Thanos

Steam:

promotion: activity that supports or provides active encouragement for the furtherance of a cause, venture, or aim.

13. Thanos

Steam:

also if you arent allowed to talk about the hack thats plain stupid is super common in the tf2 community. its like not talking about murder to kids or letting them play violent video games just cause you inform about it doesnt mean those kids are going to go around murdering people

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Thanos

Steam:

a notice or announcement in a public medium promoting a product, service, or event or publicizing a job vacancy. so thats wrong...

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Thanos

Steam:

i mean what bottiger said is wrong

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Thanos

Steam:

so that means i never advertised THEREFORE I NERVER BROKE THE RULES

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice