• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terit

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
I one day logged onto my PC and saw something strange happen, before I even typed in the password, I noticed a window. Normally my PC does only Registry Defragmentations on startup. As I went to log into a Skial trade server I found my IP banned. I later looked at the ban list and noticed 3 accounts under my IP. This got my intrigue as I create only 1 account (that is also the reason I never changed my Steam name except to add a trade.tf to it) on Steam. I checked the registry and found in one of my HKEY folders a file titled "n2" which may have been the cause. After this incident I installed MalwareBytes Premium to do an extra scan and found about 4 PUP (Possibly Unwanted Programs or a virus) related to TF2. I have deleted these and am now hoping that this will resolve my issue of someone using my IP. I would like Skial to remove my IP ban so I may continue trading on Skial. In the meantime I recommend the community to be careful, I think it is a phishing link that caused this. I am sure I have been on Skial for 10+ hours and if this is not enough, have made a few trades off the Skial servers. If there is someone on the community that could enlighten HOW this even works would also be helpful, as I am not a programmer, thank you.​

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Whew, that story though. Let me explain the inconsistencies in your story as nicely as possible:
(1) You haven't been on skial since the end of November. Then, on the 13th, you came online a mere 25 minutes after two throwaway accounts got banned.
(2) If we had somehow installed something on your computer (which we don't, but let me play along for a second), why would it be affecting you now? 3.5 months later?
(3) I have used Malware Bytes for years, as well, and I also have a mother who works in IT and has taught me many things about computers. Lastly, a simple Google search can explain the following for you (if my experience doesn't): PUPs, known as Potentially Unwanted Programs, do not hijack or hack your computer. They are programs you install when installing other programs. Example: You're installing a new browser, and in one of the installation options, there's a choice for you to uncheck the installation of a third party toolbar. You don't uncheck this box, so this toolbar gets installed on your browser. Does it hack into your computer? No. It just slows down your browser or computer. So, this is an example, but it is to prove my point: PUPs wouldn't hack your computer, and that would be amazing for them to choose to play tf2 ON YOUR IP and on the community you play on, and then choose to hack.
(4) It seems more probable, given you haven't even been on Skial since November, that you chose to have some fun by hacking on a throwaway account, then made another one and found out it was IP banned, then didn't know what that meant, so you went on your main Terit account to check it out, and got banned
(5) Also, your IP appears to be from a typical cable internet modem, and not from a VPN.

Your story is unfounded, and the evidence clearly shows you using 2 (if not 3, given the ban a couple days later too) throwaway accounts to hack on our servers. You will not be unbanned.

Last edited:
Reactions: ly_dee

Terit

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Ok, since I did not get an answer from you, I decided to Google further into it. This seems like some pretty solid proof here, but there are a few flaws, especially #5, and you'll see in a minute.

(This is a copy/paste quote from you.)

"Whew, that story though. Let me explain the inconsistencies in your story as nicely as possible:
(1) You haven't been on skial since the end of November.[True, I virtually retired from TF2 when the Mobile Authenticator required you to trade without a hold. But as a hacker, would it make more sense to get familiar with the community before just hopping on as a hacked account? After all, it is a SKIAL server, not a petty Valve server, there should be more precaution if I were to hack on this server. This is why I connected to Skial, I have yet to believe that I have been banned from other servers as well.] Then, on the 13th, you came online a mere 25 minutes after two throwaway accounts got banned.[I have nothing to say to this one, it is pretty solid, I did not know that I was that short time distance from seeing the hacker on my PC... until I checked the bans of course.]
(2) If we had somehow installed something on your computer (which we don't, but let me play along for a second), why would it be affecting you now? 3.5 months later?[Remove this piece, if Skial were a server trying to install some hacks onto me, I would not even be here. I feel this part was hastily written.]
(3) I have used Malware Bytes for years, as well, and I also have a mother who works in IT and has taught me many things about computers. Lastly, a simple Google search can explain the following for you (if my experience doesn't): PUPs, known as Potentially Unwanted Programs, do not hijack or hack your computer. They are programs you install when installing other programs. Example: You're installing a new browser, and in one of the installation options, there's a choice for you to uncheck the installation of a third party toolbar. You don't uncheck this box, so this toolbar gets installed on your browser. Does it hack into your computer? No. It just slows down your browser or computer. So, this is an example, but it is to prove my point: PUPs wouldn't hack your computer, and that would be amazing for them to choose to play tf2 ON YOUR IP and on the community you play on, and then choose to hack.[Sorry for the misunderstanding, I always call all viruses PUPs and PUMs for the sake that it is quicker to type (save the parentheses part) in the long run, I should have said ‘viruses’ when talking about this part. But even then, I could have just Google searched it to not look like an idiot on the forums. This should not raise any red flags.]
(4) It seems more probable, given you haven't even been on Skial since November[I don’t see how this conclusion is related? I know that you said I haven’t been online for awhile, but it makes more sense to hack on a server your familiar with. “Better the demon you know than the one you don’t”], that you chose to have some fun by hacking on a throwaway account, then made another one and found out it was IP banned, then didn't know what that meant, so you went on your main Terit account to check it out, and got banned
(5) Also, your IP appears to be from a typical cable internet modem, and not from a VPN.

This proves my point even further! If I were to hack on a server, I would have connected on a VPN like most hackers. I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish by saying #5, but it works a little like this diagram: [There may be some mistakes, but just Google it to be sure].

Program 1 O-------------------------------------P--------------------------------------------R

Q-------------------------------------O Program 2

When you play TF2 and connect to a server, the server does not know what other unrelated TF2 programs you are running. So in this case Q = hacker, O = Me, P = Router, R = Skial.

So the hacker has a connection to my PC using one of those tools that teachers use to control their students’ computers, and because the hacker will get banned for using his IP, he uses my router and my PC. He then connects to Skial undetected since Skial does not know what’s running in the background, and I get banned. This works sort of like one of those ‘FREE STEAM WALLET CODES!!!’ scams that ask you to stay away from your PC for a week while it is ‘processing your request’.

Your story is unfounded, and the evidence clearly shows you using 2 (if not 3, given the ban a couple days later too[I made this throwaway account to see if I really was banned, would have abandoned it after finding out that it wasn’t a mistake I was banned.]) throwaway accounts to hack on our servers. You will not be unbanned."

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Your appeal is still denied. You will not be unbanned. Please stop fabricating ridiculous stories. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.