• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Smelly Salty Socks

Mildly Menacing Medic
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
I still don't know to this day why I was banned, this is my first steam account, and I was banned on it around 2 years ago when I first joined a skial server by the console for a "banned" IP. It confuses me as to why I was banned as I was banned while joining a skial server for the first time, didn't even get into the actual server. I didn't cheat or break any of the others rules and was simply banned from the console because apparently I was using a banned IP despite this being my first steam account ever created, so I don't see how it could plausibly be a banned IP. Anyways I should be unbanned, since I didn't do anything wrong and was permanently banned from skial while joining a server for the first time.​

Phantom 5.0

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Are you currently using a VPN to connect to Skial servers? If so, you could be connecting on an IP that’s previously been used by a hacker.

Smelly Salty Socks

Mildly Menacing Medic
I can't connect to Skial servers on this account even with different IPs, I've changed IPs since then. But since the ban was permanent I assume it doesn't matter what IP I use as it's connected to that account. It might have been because I used a VPN, as the provided IP in the ban, isn't mine and has never been mine.

Phantom 5.0

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Normally, a 10 minute ban is instituted if someone tries to connect using a proxy/VPN. In which case, it is encouraged that the proxy/VPN is disabled, wait 10 minutes and try to connect again.

Rules on use of proxies/VPNs can be found here:

https://www.skial.com/threads/why-am-i-banned-for-proxy-ip.37223/

Just out of my own curiosity: how many times have you tried to connect to skial servers using your VPN? I know that you stated that you originally connected once, and were instantly banned, I but need more clarification.

Reactions: Smelly Salty Socks

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I took a look into the situation and it looks to me like you were given a "bad" IP address out of bad luck, either by using a VPN/proxy or from your internet service provider giving you a recycled IP address someone else once used to hack with.

Since I can't find anything that suggests you were the hacker that got that IP address banned I'll unban you

If you do use proxies/VPNs try to avoid using them where possible. You are allowed to use them but you run the risk of getting a 'tainted' IP address someone once used to hack with

You should be able to reconnect to the servers now, but tell us you have any issues doing so

Reactions: Smelly Salty Socks