1. If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Invalid Appeal: Smelly Salty Socks

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Smelly Salty Socks, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Smelly Salty Socks

Smelly Salty Socks Mildly Menacing Medic

Steam:

Link to your ban or your com block:
    Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
    I still don't know to this day why I was banned, this is my first steam account, and I was banned on it around 2 years ago when I first joined a skial server by the console for a "banned" IP. It confuses me as to why I was banned as I was banned while joining a skial server for the first time, didn't even get into the actual server. I didn't cheat or break any of the others rules and was simply banned from the console because apparently I was using a banned IP despite this being my first steam account ever created, so I don't see how it could plausibly be a banned IP. Anyways I should be unbanned, since I didn't do anything wrong and was permanently banned from skial while joining a server for the first time.​

2. Phantom 5.0

Phantom 5.0 TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

Are you currently using a VPN to connect to Skial servers? If so, you could be connecting on an IP that’s previously been used by a hacker.

3. Smelly Salty Socks

Steam:

I can't connect to Skial servers on this account even with different IPs, I've changed IPs since then. But since the ban was permanent I assume it doesn't matter what IP I use as it's connected to that account. It might have been because I used a VPN, as the provided IP in the ban, isn't mine and has never been mine.

4. Phantom 5.0

Phantom 5.0 TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

Normally, a 10 minute ban is instituted if someone tries to connect using a proxy/VPN. In which case, it is encouraged that the proxy/VPN is disabled, wait 10 minutes and try to connect again.

Rules on use of proxies/VPNs can be found here:

https://www.skial.com/threads/why-am-i-banned-for-proxy-ip.37223/

Just out of my own curiosity: how many times have you tried to connect to skial servers using your VPN? I know that you stated that you originally connected once, and were instantly banned, I but need more clarification.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Smelly Salty Socks

Steam:

Only once, I stopped soon after since I lagged a lot using VPN.

6. Meowcenary

Meowcenary TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

I took a look into the situation and it looks to me like you were given a "bad" IP address out of bad luck, either by using a VPN/proxy or from your internet service provider giving you a recycled IP address someone else once used to hack with.

Since I can't find anything that suggests you were the hacker that got that IP address banned I'll unban you

If you do use proxies/VPNs try to avoid using them where possible. You are allowed to use them but you run the risk of getting a 'tainted' IP address someone once used to hack with

You should be able to reconnect to the servers now, but tell us you have any issues doing so

• Like Like x 1
  7. Smelly Salty Socks

Steam:

Ok, thank you for your help :D!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice