• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
Hello,
First of all I would like to know more about the vote system created by skial team to know when exactly I need to call a vote on some player,
I've used the vote system repeatedly because I failed getting report votes from other players who actually didnt know how to vote for a report.
I've called a vote on a player named "BABY" because they had a problem with their microphone and before calling the vote I've tried to communicate with the player to let them know they had the problem and they refused.
And I've called other votes on other players such as a guy named "Groovy Garry" because he was blocking my scope as a sniper (griefing), and another vote was called on another player because he was vote abusing me, so I tried to block him from using a vote by voting a mute for that player.
Note that I've been comm blocked several times with the same reason because of the same problems.
I really wish to call reports on players without the need of voting.
Thank you.
Steam name "King ribo"

Ribo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Thank you for taking my appeal into consideration,
And I will report the players on the forums if this occurs again.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Just to add onto what @Kael has said - you asked "when exactly I need to call a vote on some player".

You should only be calling a vote if someone is breaking our official rules: https://www.skial.com/threads/server-rules.136/

If the problem with their microphone was causing spam - then it is justified, otherwise it is not.

Ribo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I did read the rules, and I am sure I didn't break any by voting on those players I mentioned before.
Unfortunately, there was a problem with their microphone and I'll record a demo if it ever happens again.
and I do have screenshots related to the other player who was griefing and I am trying to upload them here so you can also take them into consideration.
Thank you again.

Reportah

Mildly Menacing Medic
Just dropping this out there -

2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:26:36 PM King Ribo please
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:26:34 PM King Ribo !votereport
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:26:29 PM King Ribo /report BABY [U:1:93806244] Voice Spam
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:26:01 PM King Ribo sticky report with me please
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:25:53 PM King Ribo IT'S ANNOYING
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:25:47 PM King Ribo YOU'RE FUCKING MIC
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:25:42 PM King Ribo BABY

2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:23:02 PM King Ribo /votemenu silence #[U:1:93806244]
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:22:18 PM King Ribo here we go again..
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:21:43 PM King Ribo ...
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:21:40 PM King Ribo please
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:21:39 PM King Ribo please dont baby

As the one who made the report I didn't felt Baby's voice chat was spam, nor annoying, just he talking in russian, also you know you can mute him by yourself - just for yourself - right ?
Yet you just jump on him, and one - two minutes after you immediatly try to report him.

Ribo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I got a demo recorded today for the same player and in the same server, and I will upload it if necessary, and according to @Luke I didn't break any law by calling a vote.
"if the problem with their microphone was causing spam - then it is justified, otherwise it is not."
and according to official rules :

These actions may result in bans, silences, or other punishments.

Examples are listed. But just because you don't see something here does not mean it is not included.
  • Spamming. Examples:
  • "Whether music over voice chat is spam will be left to a server vote. However music is NOT allowed on trade servers."

Note that the player have been warned before for the same problem, yet he/she still uses the microphone.
Thank @Reportah for listing the chat as I couldn't get them by myself.

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I won't be back on tomorrow. Please be patient.
If another admin wants to view the demo in the report and chat history feel free. Otherwise I'll get to it first thing in tomorrow.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm going to mark this as "Invalid" since Dave is unable to deal with it.

During the demo from the report, there's no evidence of spam.

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Luke is correct. Plus you and player "Sticky Icky" were both at it with vote abusing each other and other players and was handled appropriately.

Here is just one example, if someone was so called "spamming" , Why you would you try to (failed) vote silence that player and try to vote ban 3 min later? I don't need a reason for it just thought I would point it out.

2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 08:05:49 AM King Ribo AFK /votemenu ban #[U:1:148480351]
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 08:02:01 AM King Ribo AFK /votemenu silence #[U:1:148480351]

Here it a tip,
This was your 3rd ban in less than 20 days and the next one will be 1 month so something you are doing might not be correct. Next time a player is annoying you on the mic just go to the main menu (Esc) and click on the little "EAR" icon and mute that player. It is much faster than even trying to put up a vote.

You can also add admins to your friends list so if you are unsure of something we can check and handle appropriately.

Reactions: ҉ SP∑∑DY ҉

Ribo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Thank you for pointing this out.
With all do respect, this is incorrect. I didn't vote call to mute the player because he/she was spamming, it was because they have a problem with their microphone -wasn't the first time- and it was causing problems. And as I said before the player have been warned before by one of the admins.
I would appreciate it a lot if you tried playing the demo uploaded in the report using (Headphones) you might know what exactly I meant.
and I'm pretty sure I didn't "abuse" the player intentionally.
@Dave as I mentioned before, I tried actually to talk to "Baby" trying to explain the problem they had with the microphone, yet I didn't get any response from the player which why I had to vote "report" at first, then vote "mute".
I'm pretty sure I didn't break any rules as I didn't vote him immediately.
and for the other votes I did actually vote on "Sticky Icky" trying to block him from voting, but as for the next time I will use the report system.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Thank you for pointing this out.
With all do respect, this is incorrect. I didn't vote call to mute the player because he/she was spamming, it was because they have a problem with their microphone -wasn't the first time- and it was causing problems. And as I said before the player have been warned before by one of the admins.
I would appreciate it a lot if you tried playing the demo uploaded in the report using (Headphones) you might know what exactly I meant.
and I'm pretty sure I didn't "abuse" the player intentionally.
@Dave as I mentioned before, I tried actually to talk to "Baby" trying to explain the problem they had with the microphone, yet I didn't get any response from the player which why I had to vote "report" at first, then vote "mute".
I'm pretty sure I didn't break any rules as I didn't vote him immediately.
and for the other votes I did actually vote on "Sticky Icky" trying to block him from voting, but as for the next time I will use the report system.

As quoted above, you said the following:

I have watched the demo - there is no microphone issue.

Ribo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Please make sure to quote all the chat.

2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:26:36 PM King Ribo please
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:26:34 PM King Ribo !votereport
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:26:29 PM King Ribo /report BABY [U:1:93806244] Voice Spam
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:26:01 PM King Ribo sticky report with me please
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:25:53 PM King Ribo IT'S ANNOYING
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:25:47 PM King Ribo YOU'RE FUCKING MIC
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:25:42 PM King Ribo BABY

2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:23:02 PM King Ribo /votemenu silence #[U:1:93806244]
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:22:18 PM King Ribo here we go again..
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:21:43 PM King Ribo ...
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:21:40 PM King Ribo please
2FORT+ | EU 02/24/2018 - 03:21:39 PM King Ribo please dont baby

Thank you.
Here are the demo's recorded by me on another day in the same server by the same player: https://mega.nz/#!evZzmaKC!GfbO2JJrP9DAyONAT5G5VprvXtCm1Wn07WPxI8c6dF0
and here screenshots of the player I voted to ban him: https://mega.nz/#!v34nVAbJ!-4StZZxPg-7asg0fmU-8ONHgekP0i2tUTw-7DlvHtIk

I would definitely upload any evidence on what happened with "Sticky Icky" if I had any.
I am still sure I didn't break any rule by voting on those players.
Please take every point of view into consideration before acting on a player. Thank you.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Here are the demo's recorded by me on another day in the same server by the same player

It doesn't matter, we're not talking about any other events... we're talking about the demo you were reported through.

In the demo the player is talking, with a perfectly functional microphone, in Russian - and you call a vote on them.

There was no reason to call the vote, as in that situation, there was no spam.

Ribo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
"with a perfectly functional microphone" ? I suggest you watch the demo again and listen to the sounds really carefully with a (Headphone) and as I said before it's not about (One event) it wasn't the first time and it won't be the last.
I am still sure I didn't break any rule and this comm ban was totally unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.