• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

PaJama

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
To my understanding, I was muted for saying a racial slur in the chat, but with an "f" instead of an "n", and not in any derogative way towards a person no, just saying the word as a part of a joke I had made. More context can be provided if needed. Myself along with the friend I made the joke with, who is a donater to Skial agree that the mute was unjustified. I don't think a joking remark should be considered one of the things that can land someone a 30 day mute on the server. Especially when I with other admins and people have seen people actually use derogatory slurs in harmful ways and slip through the cracks. At the absolute very least, a much shortened mute can be fair, but I just don't see how any communication ban was called for at all.​

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
To my understanding, I was muted for saying a racial slur in the chat, but with an "f" instead of an "n", and not in any derogative way towards a person no, just saying the word as a part of a joke I had made. More context can be provided if needed. Myself along with the friend I made the joke with, who is a donater to Skial agree that the mute was unjustified.
It does not matter if you and your friend think the silence was unjustified or if you meant no negative context when you said it. You are only allowed to say "nigga" with no negative context whatsoever. Also, just to set the record straight, being a donor does not give you right to break our rules.

I don't think a joking remark should be considered one of the things that can land someone a 30 day mute on the server. Especially when I with other admins and people have seen people actually use derogatory slurs in harmful ways and slip through the cracks.
Your victim mentality won't work. Rule breakers won't be punished if you/no one reports them when the admins are not on the server. I am interested in knowing which admins you say are letting racial slurs "slip through the crack". They surely are not doing their job as admin if they are not enforcing the rules and should be fired for these failures.

Read the rules thoroughly and understand them. Agree that you have done so and I will lower it to 2 weeks.

PaJama

Scarcely Lethal Noob
It does not matter if you and your friend think the silence was unjustified or if you meant no negative context when you said it. You are only allowed to say "nigga" with no negative context whatsoever. Also, just to set the record straight, being a donor does not give you right to break our rules.

Your victim mentality won't work. Rule breakers won't be punished if you/no one reports them when the admins are not on the server. I am interested in knowing which admins you say are letting racial slurs "slip through the crack". They surely are not doing their job as admin if they are not enforcing the rules and should be fired for these failures.

Read the rules thoroughly and understand them. Agree that you have done so and I will lower it to 2 weeks.

I have read and have a clear understanding of the rules, and the specific rule that was broken. There has actually been 2 instances where seperate people were on the server while an admin was present, both times the person called people the hard r and other slurs several times. One of these people still comes to the server. I also want to make it clear that the donor friend did not break any rules, my apoligies if I made it seem that way.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
I've shortened your silence from 1 month to 1 week from the stated 2 weeks. I do hope you will learn from this