• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

lulunba1

Mildly Menacing Medic
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
I was playing on the 2fort server on my alt for a few hours as sniper and got banned by the admin Dragontamer for aimboting. I wasn't using any cheating software and if there was a demo recorded that should be my proof.

My alt details:

SteamID - STEAM_0:0:509813932
Profile link - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198979893592

My main details:

SteamID - STEAM_0:1:103925610
Profile link - https://steamcommunity.com/id/lulunba1/

Dragontamer

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Your demo can be downloaded from here and viewed in-game, if you want. http://www.mediafire.com/file/li9qedgwl4imf58/que%233.dem/file
At tick 4500 you make a shot on the scout that's pretty impossible. Tick 7000 the shot also looks impossible.10400 you makes the headshot before the crosshair even reaches the snipers head. What makes it even more suspicious, is that you're on an alt.
Overall, I think it's pretty clear that you were cheating. The ban is going to stay, unless the evidence has been proven to be false and you are unbanned.

lulunba1

Mildly Menacing Medic
I just watched the demo in question, I do no believe I hit any impossible shots. Yes being on an alt can be suspicious but it isn't against any rules?

Thanks for the quick assistance and the demo.

Dragontamer

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Most of these shots are indeed impossible. On 4500, if you slow it down to around 20%, your crosshair moved directly above the scout and the headshot is still made.
On 7000, you also were on the wall when the sniper was outside of it. Your crosshair was still on the wall and you still scored the headshot.
On 10400, you again made the headshot before the crosshair was on his head.

lulunba1

Mildly Menacing Medic
I just re watched it as you indicated and I still stand with the shots being possible and the only reason my crosshair seems off is because of lag compensation (can't post the link to the tf2 wiki but look it up) . "Spectators do not have lag compensation. If you are spectating someone in first person, you are not seeing exactly what they are seeing, rather you are looking at what the server is seeing. This is especially noticeable with high-latency Snipers, where you should expect to see unusual shots that may appear to miss or jerk about from your perspective." At 7000 if you slow it down to about 20% you can clearly see that I do flick to the snipers head. For 10400 I do agree that the shot has a a lot of delay but I would also blame that on lag comp.

If you are convinced that I was cheating, then fair enough. But I would like the input of more admins/players since I know I wasn't cheating and the shots that I made weren't impossible.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
But I would like the input of more admins/players since I know I wasn't cheating and the shots that I made weren't impossible.

You are cheating. To repeat what the other two have said, shots at 4500, 7000, and 10400 are impossible. You have 3 admins calling shenanigans.

lulunba1

Mildly Menacing Medic
You are cheating. To repeat what the other two have said, shots at 4500, 7000, and 10400 are impossible. You have 3 admins calling shenanigans.

I encourage you to record yourself shooting moving players and watch the demo afterwards, I can guarantee you that the demo will have the same delay/lag strange thingy that you guys consider impossible shots. As I already tried to explain there is a thing called lag compensation, what the server sees (the demo or someone spectating) is not what the player is seeing in real time.

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I encourage you to record yourself shooting moving players and watch the demo afterwards, I can guarantee you that the demo will have the same delay/lag strange thingy that you guys consider impossible shots. As I already tried to explain there is a thing called lag compensation, what the server sees (the demo or someone spectating) is not what the player is seeing in real time.
I just recorded my self playing sniper on Bottigers idle server from the skybox, trying to shoot at surfing players (moving) as you described. I then viewed the demo. I looked like a tit who missed every time.
Quite the contrary to the demo of you, where you hit every time.

I'm really sorry but this isn't up for debate. You will have to enjoy other servers, best of luck!

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
I don't think he's aimbotting

The part about recording yourself aimbotting isn't correct as the recording is client-side and will have no latency

lulunba1

Mildly Menacing Medic
The part about recording yourself aimbotting isn't correct as the recording is client-side and will have no latency

That’s what I’ve been saying and you phrased it better, thanks!

I just recorded my self playing sniper on Bottigers idle server from the skybox, trying to shoot at surfing players (moving) as you described. I then viewed the demo. I looked like a tit who missed every time.
Quite the contrary to the demo of you, where you hit every time.

I'm really sorry but this isn't up for debate. You will have to enjoy other servers, best of luck!

I should have added that you need to hit the headshots to see. It doesn’t need to be complicated angles or anything, hitting shots on strafing or jumping in a straight line players should do it.

I also found a very well made video that helps visualize my point (It’s from csgo but tf2 and cs both run on the same game engine) I cannot post links, so if you’re interested look up: “How it works: Lag compensation and interp in CS:GO” by DevinDTV on YouTube

RenZ

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
I'm going to post this as purely technical, not giving an opinion on this appeal:

Spectator mode will always be off because spectator is what the server sees, not what the client sees, so what is on my screen is dead on, is far off to the server.

If you want to really see this, have someone record and spectate you while you record yourself sniping then compare.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I've seen this same argument hundreds of times, nobody ever agrees on the effects of lag, lag compensation, interpolation, extrapolation, lerp, herp or derp.
Here's a video I uploaded 7 years ago which proves that point, just read the comments. Everyone's an expert, but no one really understands the implications when everything is factored in.
My point is that it raises doubt as to whether OP was cheating, and with doubt you cannot condemn.
Another question I want to raise is, where is smac in all of this, does smac not detect "impossible" shots?

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Ultimately it's down to @Dragontamer where this appeal goes. Note that his decision has been made already hence this has been rejected, but he may change his mind with the new feedback from staff and ex-staff (maddo).

Unless someone else has something of worth to add, it's best to wait till he has the chance to check this.

Reactions: lulunba1

Dragontamer

TF2 Admin
Contributor
After some discussion with fellow admins, I've decided that the evidence presented is not enough.
You've been unbanned, apologies for the inconvenience. Enjoy your time on the servers.