• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Kike

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
Hello!
So I was playing on a trade server when i suddenly got banned. The ban message didn't really display any info, so a friend of mine that was playing on the same server had to tell me why i got banned, reason: racism.
At first I was kind of confused, basically because i didnt even said a word on chat yet, but then i realised that it was because of my name. "kike"
So, short story time:
I've always used the same username everywhere, but on certain services, i wasnt able to use it because "your name contains a banned word". And even some other times, while talking with some friends on chats, whenever they said my name, it was censored. We always made fun of that because "kike" is my actual name, and we found it funny. Years later we actually decided to search what in the world that word meant, and we found out that it is a racist term against jewish people. After 7 years on steam, only like 3 people actually knew that kike was a swear word, and never had any problem with it. (one of those guys actually got a bit mad, but then i just explained to him that it was just my name and he also found it funny :P) But as it was my name, i never changed it (I wrote a little sentence on my steam profile Explaining it tho)
And well, yeah, I understand the mistake, but I think I shouldnt get banned for using my name as my username xD.
thanks.​

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
normally, Luke would hold the verdict for your appeal, but I'm going to overstep my boundary and overturn your ban myself since I discovered it is a legit name in both Spanish and Swahili.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I agree with the action taken by @KinCryos - however.

Please could you change your name?

For two reasons:
  1. Prevent this happening again in the future
  2. Prevent other players from being insulted or offended

Kike

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Indeed, diminutive of Enrique, the formal variant.
Also, didnt know it existed in swahili (?)
And just before i got to ask, @Luke answered, guess ill have to change my name.
I'll just use one of the variants that @KinCryos provided with that link, some of them sound great :P
Thank you!

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Indeed, diminutive of Enrique, the formal variant.
Also, didnt know it existed in swahili (?)
And just before i got to ask, @Luke answered, guess ill have to change my name.
I'll just use one of the variants that @KinCryos provided with that link, some of them sound great :P
Thank you!

Thank you,

I don't mean to be a pain when asking you to change your in-game name, just avoids numerous problems with an easy solution.